MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    All of which are fantastic choices

If you're looking for something rather... hearty, try Assam black tea and brew it strong (double the bags, don't brew it longer). Nice malty flavor & aroma Add milk & honey and it tastes like a warm malt milkshake!
    Hey, thanks!

I will definitley try that Assam tea out. I double bag my Earl Grey and Constant Comment so that sounds pretty good!

MBTI
    NICE

I am at present drinking green tea with a hint of peppermint, from Mr Tetley's plantation in Yorkshire.

It ain't half hot, mum.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Someone told me red tea was the shiznit. Someone was wrong.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Isn't that what the Germans make "Gluhwein" out of???

Red Tea + Red Wine + Spices = VOMIT!!!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So I have a question for the tea drinkers here or anyone who knows about this. I went to this store that just sells tea the other day and I was talking with the salesperson there and she told me something that didn't quite sound right to me. I told her that I sometimes microwave water in a cup to get it hot first and then steep the tea in that. She then said that I shouldn't microwave water to get it hot because microwaving it changes the chemical composition of the water and then the tea doesn't taste as good. She said it's better to heat the water up on the stove. She also said that microwaved hot water cools down quicker than boiled water. Do these two things sound true to you guys?

I've been drinking some Rooibos lately because I wasn't feeling well and it's decaffeinated. It's not bad. Not great either.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Orange Chocolate Green Tea

Sweet Ginger Peach Tea

Still considerably the most delicious teas I've ever tried, these two flavors. I've been to Teavana a few times, and while I liked a couple of their stuff, none of it compared to the convenience of these which come individually wrapped and they're cheaper.

Very easy recipe: Pot/Kettle of water to boil, 4 tea bags to steep until darkened and leaves are opened and expanded, and add 1/4th cup sugar and another pot/kettle's worth of cold water and chill.

When I can drink again I'm definitely trying the peach tea with some nice top shelf rum (sweet tea and rum is my favorite mixed drink so far) and the chocolate orange green tea has been the only other thing I've come to enjoy eating sweets with when milk isn't available.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I like any herbaceous-tasting tea.
    For sweet teas, I enjoy licorice... and berry teas...
    Has anyone ever had a blooming flower tea? I had one for the first time a few days ago and it was

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    She also said that microwaved hot water cools down quicker than boiled water.
    This is true. The other one, I'm not really sure, even though I should know. Doesn't make much sense...I mean it's still H2O. I forget right now, what the definition of heat is, in physics. But I think it's when the molecules are all over the place hitting against one another in a sort of a chain reaction. They settle down eventually....I also forget how exactly a microwaves generates heat...Damn...my knowledge of physics is waning with each passing year...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

This is true. The other one, I'm not really sure, even though I should know. Doesn't make much sense...I mean it's still H2O. I forget right now, what the definition of heat is, in physics. But I think it's when the molecules are all over the place hitting against one another in a sort of a chain reaction. They settle down eventually....I also forget how exactly a microwaves generates heat...Damn...my knowledge of physics is waning with each passing year...
    I have noticed that microwaved heated things do cool down very quickly
    but I so don't want this to be true! I like being lazy like this. Wah!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Belh. I hate microwaving my tea. I do it every class day, because I don't have time to wait for the kettle to boil.

It's the strangest thing, but the tea actually looks, tastes, and feels different when I microwave it. It becomes filmy and the flavor is weak.

It occurs to me though, that up to this point, I've always microwaved it with the bag in the water in cup. Maybe I should try microwaving the water without the bag, and the put the bag in it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.