Thread: The tea thread

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    What is yerba mate like? I have some bags of it, and am a little skeptical... it's doesn't smell floral or anything like that.

Maybe that is a good thing?
    Just brewed a half pot of it... it tastes... grassy? like a somewhat aromatic grass. It gets bitter if you use boiling water but if you use hot water (~160F like they say you're supposed to use for green tea) it's not too bitter.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Just brewed a half pot of it... it tastes... grassy? like a somewhat aromatic grass. It gets bitter if you use boiling water but if you use hot water (~160F like they say you're supposed to use for green tea) it's not too bitter.
    Thank you!
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Has anyone tried Monkey Picked Tea?

How is it?

I'm curious, but the thought of it creeps me out/endears me to its cause.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am currently in love with sencha green tea. It tastes delicious with 85% chocolate. I also want to get some matcha powder, since the stuff tastes great; creamy, earthy and smooth. The only tea i don't like is herbal tea- it tastes like apsartame and potpurri.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I like the black Chai tea as well, but my favorite is the "Prince of Wales" tea by Twinings (although that's harder to find these days).

I usually don't tell people that I drink tea, though, ever since I got lambasted by one person who called me "Un-American" for drinking hot tea (rather than iced tea), saying I was basically spitting on the people who dumped the tea in Boston Harbor and fought for our independence.

This only had the effect of making me more secretive and doubtful of the intelligence of the people around me, rather than making me feel guilty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I like the black Chai tea as well, but my favorite is the "Prince of Wales" tea by Twinings (although that's harder to find these days).

I usually don't tell people that I drink tea, though, ever since I got lambasted by one person who called me "Un-American" for drinking hot tea (rather than iced tea), saying I was basically spitting on the people who dumped the tea in Boston Harbor and fought for our independence.

This only had the effect of making me more secretive and doubtful of the intelligence of the people around me, rather than making me feel guilty.
    In general, I doubt the intelligence of those around me as well. However, humanity in general isn't all that bright, at least to me. Individuals on the other hand... *shrugs* Back to the point.

Don't allow one individual to hold sway over things such as that. It was a ridiculous attack on you. They have nothing more interesting to do with their lives than to harass others who have the slightest difference from them. That just shows how pathetic and close-minded they are.

Those that boycotted the tea did so more than 200 years ago. And I don't doubt that at least one person among them actually liked the tea. They were just making a statement. A statement which no longer stands in this day and age. So, drink up!
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

*Notes that your current avatar is the Tarot 8 of swords, however, which seems to fit with this line of reasoning It seems a pity to let the surreal opinions of one certifiable nutcase hinder your communication like this, but if you're going to form a generalised expectation thus from a single weird experience...*

As for myself, I prefer some kind of Ceylon tea for everyday drinking, and occasionally lapsang souchong, darjeeling or chai for variation as black tea goes. Green tea is too bitter for the most part, but good white tea... mmm! I feel sure it must be doing me some deep and profound good somewhere with that delicate, rich, incredibly subtle flavour.

Fruit and herbal teas mostly smell enticing but fail to live up to their olfactory promise in quite a spectacular way, so I will happily give them a miss. Spiced teas of any kind can be another matter entirely, however. They actually have a flavour
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

ha By the way, I love both hot and iced tea. My favorite iced tea is raspberry. My favorite hot tea is India Chai Spice.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    yupp

I've been drinking vanilla truffle caramel flavored with some milk in it, tonight I decided to switch to to honey lemon hibiscus green tea, both deliscious I love tea.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tea aye... I have one called 'English Breakfast' a fair bit