• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gorgeous! I brought back some from Japan...as well as a few other kinds of tea...my collection is getting huge now ;)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Genmaicha

My mouth is watering just looking at this picture.

800px-P1010888.JPG

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tea is part of daily life/routine in the United Kingdom.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SilkRoad I am coming over! :D
*raids your tea cupboard*

Tea party! :D

I think herbal and fruit teas are still lowest on my list, despite the fact that I like them and have a few. I like flavoured/scented black teas (usually with milk) best, followed by regular black tea (almost always with milk), followed by varieties of green teas...but even the green teas are fairly far behind the black teas. Herbal and fruit teas come some way down the list again, though I think reducing my caffeine intake some more is a good idea.

What are some herbal/fruit teas that should just blow my mind, or that I'll love the more regularly I consume them?

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tea is part of daily life/routine in the United Kingdom.

Yes indeed! :D

I drank quite a lot of tea even before I moved to Ireland and later the UK, but now it's kind of at obsession level. ;)

Oddly enough, my Finnish mum got me started. I say "oddly" because the Finns are voracious coffee drinkers...and my mum doesn't touch it. (My Canadian dad is quite a coffee enthusiast, though.) My mum did say that her tea addiction started when she lived in England. However, I find that she and my dad drink tea very very weak. I used to drink it very weak but some English/Irish people laughed at me. ;) Then I started to find that if I brewed it a bit stronger (still not ridiculously strong) I enjoyed it more. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bump. Drinking some green tea with ginger right now. I'm not that crazy about green tea normally but I like this.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bump. Drinking some green tea with ginger right now. I'm not that crazy about green tea normally but I like this.

Did you sprinkle fresh ginger into the cup of green tea and mix it up?

(or was it a prepackaged green tea+ginger blend?)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you sprinkle fresh ginger into the cup of green tea and mix it up?

(or was it a prepackaged green tea+ginger blend?)

It's prepackaged, but Ooooooh I have some minced ginger in a jar and some plain green tea, maybe I should try making some of my own and compare.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's prepackaged, but Ooooooh I have some minced ginger in a jar and some plain green tea, maybe I should try making some of my own and compare.

It sounds like it might be pretty good! And maybe a little sugar to top it off (would brown work? I never add sugar to my tea as I prefer it without, but when it comes to green teas, and esp. the ginger, I'm thinking some sweetness might be good too)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
first flush organic shincha :D
images

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one of my personal favorites. the taste is like honeydew with the slightest touch of sour

Bai Mu Dan (White Peony)
Bai_Mu_Dan.jpg

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
My favourite is just green tea with nothing added, steeped for a while to be quite strong. Tea is great!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Black ice tea with peppermint leaves is always a winning combo. I've been drinking Tazo Chai concentrate with milk a lot lately.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few recent favourites:

-Black tea with apple, from Japan
-PG Tips decaf black tea for the evening (interestingly, my favourite tea chain in England is Whittard of Chelsea, but I wasn't that impressed with the decaf - the PG Tips is very good)
-Matcha Tea Latte - I first had this late last year in Japan, at Starbucks...so delicious. Bitter but sweet at the same time. It seems to be catching on in the West somewhat as some cafes have it now (not Starbucks, at least not in England yet) but they don't seem to do it quite right. I have some Match Tea Latte mix which is not quite as good as the Starbucks, but still very good.
-Black tea with rose/mango flavour

My favourite thing recently, and actually for the last couple of years, is flavoured black tea. By the way, I always drink black tea with milk.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

white tea is said to have 3 times the antioxidants of green tea. while I don't entirely trust this statistic, white tea is an extremely potent source of antioxidants

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fucking love tea.
emot-allears.gif

Earl Grey and Dragon Pearl are nice. Dandelion tea is good for the soul.

LEGERdeMAIN

OMG, TEA? IS IT AWESOME OR TOO AWESOME? IS IT PURE WHITE GODLY LOVE OR IS IT THE SEDUCTIVE VAGINA OF THE DEVIL SATAN LUCIFER HIMSELF???? IT IS MYSTERY.