User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Anyway, in all seriousness, I've tried every workout, exercise, diet under the sun (Ok maybe not Zumba). But I've never seen people become more fit, lose more weight quicker than being active at an MMA gym. several guys I know lost 60lbs in 3 months. And you don't ever have to hit someone or get hit, if you don't want to.
    I agree, I felt completely in shape when I was part of a kickboxing gym in my area that let me attend classes for free because I was too poor. (They shut down, go figure, because people were too poor but wanted to go anyways lol.) I really loved just pouring sweat after Krav Maga classes too. They sometimes have 'boot camp' style classes for free in local areas if you check meetup.com

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Zumba's kiiiinda fun...
    I found it horribly boring. But it might be less.. er.. aggressive than MMA.

I found Contra dancing to be more fun than Zumba... and Zumba was really bad on my hips, since there was a ton of hip movement the whole time and my hips are bad. I did one class and was like "never again." Contra dancing you dance with other people, even if you don't know how, and I found I worked up more of a sweat doing that than I ever did with Zumba.. more of your mind being used with your body.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Re the body acceptance: Breasts and hips will shrink with the rest of the body. I'm saying there is a possibility that your body and natural components were designed to be a bit bigger than some women's. Even at my height of fitness, at 119 lbs (I'm 130 now), and ripped with muscle, I still had tiny tiny breasts and thick legs and caboose. You might make a goal weight, and lose that weight, only to find that your breasts are still bigger than you'd desire, and your hips wider than you'd like. I'm just saying that if you make a goal weight, lose it, and like what you see it'd be a lot easier on your heart than making a goal weight, losing it, and realizing you weren't being realistic in how your body would change.
    Your breasts, if they are extremely large, might call for a breast reduction--especially if they cause pain to your back eventually, or something like that. But unless they go past DD cups, I wouldn't worry about that, they'll reduce a bit with weight loss.
    When I hit 155 I knew I was too big. Even though I was a normal size for the people around me, and no one judged me at all for it, I knew it wasn't a healthy weight, and I started a weight loss routine as a result. But I had a goal that was based on things that weren't what I saw in the mirror--If I could do so many push ups, run so far, and be a certain weight and body fat percentage.

I understand about the sleep thing. What I do, which isn't much, is go based on circadian rhythm sleeping. I don't ever get 8 hours of sleep. I go for 90 minute intervals. I aim for 6 hours absolute minimum, 7 1/2 hours, and 9 hours, because the sleep rhythms usually happen on those intervals. It's an easier way to get well rested during times of stress. I go to college full time in an accelerated bachelor's degree program for nursing, I take care of two sick parents and family members, I cook all of my meals myself, and I'm active in my community.. so I know lack of sleep sucks and happens frequently. But you have to make time for it whenever possible, and get it consistently.

Re doctors: There are usually free resources in many communities that offer nutrition advice from dieticians and such. I'd research that and just occasionally drop into something like that and see how it's moving and grooving for you, and if they have anything to say on the matter. I use free resources for all of my health care needs, and while it costs me a bit of my time, I save all of my money to make up for it, which is a more precious commodity in college.
    I don' t think breast reduction is possible for me so far, because I' m underage, it' s expensive, and the quality of plastic surgery isn' t always good in my country( I mean, there are scam clinics that, instead of making it better, can make it worse) .
    Also, I don' t think dancing in pairs or with someone else would work for me, because I' m bad at it. I used to attend hip - hop classes 3 years ago, so I' m not that bad in dancing on my own. Dancing in pairs, however, is a disaster for me.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I found it horribly boring. But it might be less.. er.. aggressive than MMA.

I found Contra dancing to be more fun than Zumba... and Zumba was really bad on my hips, since there was a ton of hip movement the whole time and my hips are bad. I did one class and was like "never again." Contra dancing you dance with other people, even if you don't know how, and I found I worked up more of a sweat doing that than I ever did with Zumba.. more of your mind being used with your body.
    yeah i've only done it like twice, but it was fun to shake it a little
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    I don' t think breast reduction is possible for me so far, because I' m underage, it' s expensive, and the quality of plastic surgery isn' t always good in my country( I mean, there are scam clinics that, instead of making it better, can make it worse) .
    Also, I don' t think dancing in pairs or with someone else would work for me, because I' m bad at it. I used to attend hip - hop classes 3 years ago, so I' m not that bad in dancing on my own. Dancing in pairs, however, is a disaster for me.
    I wouldn't recommend any kind of surgery unless it was a last ditch effort anyways. You're far too young to worry right now.

I am also bad at pair dancing. Contra tells you what to do and is fairly easy even for people with two left feet like me. If that makes you feel any better. Not selling it to ya but it is the easiest dancing I've done in a group setting of any sort.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm no expert so please be careful if you want to pursue a chemical route to weight loss.

5-HTP: Is This Right for You?

"Would It Work for Me?
    5-HTP has been studied for over 30 years. Several clinical trials have shown that it works to lower the number of calories eaten and aids in weight loss. One study compared overweight women who took 200 mg of 5-HTP before each meal to those who took a placebo. The women who took the supplement ate 1,084 fewer calories per day and felt less hungry during the day. In another study, women who took 5-HTP lost 10.3 pounds over 12 weeks, compared to 2.2 pounds in the placebo group.

Experts and researchers agree that 5-HTP works best for those who constantly crave food around the clock – especially carbs."
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.