User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Pro helmet

MBTI
    N358

Sorry to put a stick in your spoke, but screw all you cyclist commuters. You assholes think you can ride around, saving gas money, totally vulnerable to cars, and we upstanding folks with combustion based vehicles(you know, the people who the traffic system was designed for) are obligated to look out for your well being, because it's considered "vehicular manslaughter" to run one of you pricks over, accidental or otherwise.

Why the hell do you think I bought a tank? I bought it so I didn't have to pay attention on to minor potential collision objects such as yourselves. You'll make an easily avoided piece of roadkill with those neon-safety form fitting nylon short shorts.

So you sit there with your smug little faces with your helmet under your armpit, "While you were wasting money and supporting terrorism, I was boosting my health and helping the environment." Well while you were enjoying the ride over, I was already there, fucking your soon to be ex-girlfriend on my passenger seat.

I want to hear the thud of your noggin against my bumper as you're pulled under.

To feel the satisfying squish of flesh under rubber.

To look in my rear-view mirror and see an enflamed bicycle tire bouncing along a blood spattered pavement.

To pry out chunks of twisted metal and bone from under my chassis as I laugh.

I want to give you a real reason to wear that helmet every day.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I just bought a bike to save on the petrol costs and the missus started nagging about the ol skid lid before I'd even picked one out. Normally I'd just make a gesture of non compliance and disregard this but I figured for 20 quid why not... if it's terrible then I'll bin it. I found out that although I had to mail order mine (they don't stock my size in the shops) it's quite nice and much better to ride in than a baseball cap.

Anyhow, I wouldn't call them essential necessarily but I did hear about one guy who was pelting along and decided to take a short cut under a roadside sign only to catch the bottom of it. Now if he'd had a lid then he'd be knocked silly but this guy was knocked out cold and had a nice trickle of blood down his head.

It's the same thing as all safety measures, sure they're not necessary and I'm sure that no one here is enough of an idiot to need one but one day it won't run according to plan, one day you will be half asleep... maybe one day you'll really need it. Who'd be the idiot then if you didn't wear it?

Would sir rather be a cucumber or a lettuce?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    Sorry to put a stick in your spoke, but screw all you cyclist commuters. You assholes think you can ride around, saving gas money, totally vulnerable to cars, and we upstanding folks with combustion based vehicles(you know, the people who the traffic system was designed for) are obligated to look out for your well being, because it's considered "vehicular manslaughter" to run one of you pricks over, accidental or otherwise.

Why the hell do you think I bought a tank? I bought it so I didn't have to pay attention on to minor potential collision objects such as yourselves. You'll make an easily avoided piece of roadkill with those neon-safety form fitting nylon short shorts.

So you sit there with your smug little faces with your helmet under your armpit, "While you were wasting money and supporting terrorism, I was boosting my health and helping the environment." Well while you were enjoying the ride over, I was already there, fucking your soon to be ex-girlfriend on my passenger seat.

I want to hear the thud of your noggin against my bumper as you're pulled under.

To feel the satisfying squish of flesh under rubber.

To look in my rear-view mirror and see an enflamed bicycle tire bouncing along a blood spattered pavement.

To pry out chunks of twisted metal and bone from under my chassis as I laugh.

I want to give you a real reason to wear that helmet every day.

I strongly encourage you to do this. When you get out of jail, I'd like to find you and bust your head open with a bat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I strongly encourage you to do this. When you get out of jail, I'd like to find you and bust your head open with a bat.
    I'd say that I agree to some degree. However there are the occasional cyclist who seems to think that because the car driver will get prosecuted as standard that this gives them the right to ride like airheads. Similar to the mothers who seem to think they can use a pushchair to stop traffic and then yell at anyone who doesn't immediately slam the anchors on (remembering that here there's none of this jay walking nonsense).

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    the car driver will get prosecuted as standard
    Not true. A friend once got a ticket after being hit by a car, because he was on the sidewalk instead of the road.

I still ride on the sidewalk, though. I figure there's less chance of getting killed, even if it's illegal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Not true. A friend once got a ticket after being hit by a car, because he was on the sidewalk instead of the road.

I still ride on the sidewalk, though. I figure there's less chance of getting killed, even if it's illegal.
    After having witnessed what passes for driving your side of the pond, you have my sincere sympathies. I think I'd wear bubble wrap if I cycled over there... oh and neon lighting... with sandpaper on the outside of the bubblewrap just to make sure I did the maximum damage to anyone that ignored the lights.

I'm sure Ray Charles could get a license over there with minimum fuss.

I think it's a good idea but I wouldn't want it legislated. The reason being that I don't want to be told how to stay safe on my skateboard, rollerskates, ice-skates, razor scooter, skiis, sled.................

MBTI
    ISTP

Personally, I think adult bike helmets are a good idea, and I wear one when I'm mountain biking or in traffic. I don't wear it when biking on trails (that aren't next to roads) or when cruising around the lightly traveled residential area around me.

However, I am 100% against legislation mandating it. If someone doesn't want to wear one and feels like taking those risks (as I do at times), its fine with me.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I like to think of my brain as one of my more valuable assets...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]