• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

St. John's Wort...

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have an unopened bottle of it, and I wish I still had the receipt.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Depression, eh?

I reccomend St. Johns blended scotch whiskey.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've taken it before, but i never noticed any sort of difference.

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
I took it.

It worked, but here's the scoop:

1. You have to use a certain brand, not all St. John's Wort created equal. The St. John's of choice is the Kwai Kira.

2. St. John's Wort isn't a quick pick-me-upper, it is useful for "rebuilding" your nervous system for the long haul. It takes 3-4 weeks to work, and its effect comes in so gradually, that you will hardly notice. Its like when I used crest vivid white to whiten my teeth-- I didn't realize it had worked until I STOPPED using it, and my teeth turned yellow again.

3. St. John's wort make your eyes sensitive to light (especially from the sun). You have to be careful about that. It also makes your skin sensitive.

4. Unlike Zoloft, St. John's wort shouldn't be taken forever. Usually about 6 months should do.

5. You have to take the medication as the instructions suggest. Missing an "appointment" seriously detracts from its effectiveness. Its still not that bad, though, because if you miss Zoloft 2-3 times, you will go into withdrawal, and become a freaking crazy lunatic-- that shit really fucks with you.

St. John's Wort worked well for me, but then once it began to settle into my system, I began to correct the external causes of depression for me: bad surroundings, poor diet, and lack of exercise.

The best way to deal with depression is to start eating the things that are nutritious, and to take up some regular exercise routine (going to the gym, biking with intensity, playing basketball, playing soccer, playing football, whatever gets you moving around in an intense manner, and causes that runner's high).