User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Default Soy Protein Isolate (for use in body building)

I'm trying to make sure my cheap option for getting enough protein in the day/night is suitable for my goals xD.

Does this stuff make the body make a lot of estrogen? I'm not afraid of a bit of estrogen, as my thinking is, it might cause you to put on a bit of fat, which can help you make muscle.... I also know its a slow release protein which should make it ideal for consumption just before sleep to prevent any catabolism regards the muscle your trying to build and keep.

Anyone got access to a real study that wasn't funded by the whey/egg protein manufacturers?

I keep hearing these rumors about it producing estrogen, but I've read on the internet that this is not the case ._.

Anyone wanna ask their endochronologist about it for me?
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

Riva

You are in the wrong forum for these type of questions. Maybe you should start this same thread in bodybuilding.com.

However there are a few people that might be able to help you with these questions. Summons @Halla74, @wolfy and @Il Morto Che Parla.

As for me I have heard the same story about it building estrogen. However building estrogen is no issue as long as muscle mass is built any builder would say. I was recommended soy proten by il morto, however I was and still am sticking to products that has whey. I might change it to soy the next time. The issue is I only like to use one product. So although having soy isolates before bed sounds good due to my desire to have a whey supplement after workouts prevents me from having/trying soy.

But like I said I might try it out in the future.

It is better to use whey. Soy isn't that bad, but it isn't a complete protein. Casein is best before bed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Thanks for the input! I'm just using the soy isolate cause it is by far the cheapest thing, I worked out I wasnt getting enough protein, (I had heard you need 1 gram of protein a day for each kg you at least want to end up as), and in my country, I can get 500grams of soy isolate protein for like 6$, and soy isolate is like 8.4grams of protein per a 10gram serving.... I just heard the absorbtion rate is only like 60%... so I figured I'd just consume smaller servings through-out the day. Where I am, this is definitely the cheapest source of protein. But sometimes I wonder if faster absorbing proteins will cause different kinds (of perhaps unnatural) muscle development... I'm thinking of the difference between working towards building proper mature muscle, and looking like Arnold now that he is no longer on some crazy regiment of diet XD
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.