• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

any smokers taken the plunge and gotten a vape?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm considering it cuz I'm up to 1.5-2 packs a day and need to cut back at least. I've tried the patch just smoked on that.oh and do you like it. is it a good replacement?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've heard chantrix is good. don't know if it would work for you...but have tried the e ciggs and they're alright. they don't really help you quit tho because they still have nicotine. i'm also worried there might be some unknown health issues to come from them but?? who knows.

it might be a good idea for you to try...at least maybe say you can have two real ciggs a day and smoke that in between until you feel like just that will work...then limit that??

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i've heard chantrix is good. don't know if it would work for you...but have tried the e ciggs and they're alright. they don't really help you quit tho because they still have nicotine. i'm also worried there might be some unknown health issues to come from them but?? who knows.

it might be a good idea for you to try...at least maybe say you can have two real ciggs a day and smoke that in between until you feel like just that will work...then limit that??
given the fact that chantix can cause psychosis and I've had at least two psychotic episodes in my life, probably not the best idea for me

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
given the fact that chantix can cause psychosis and I've had at least two psychotic episodes in my life, probably not the best idea for me

yeah probably better to try a different method.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well talk to your dr about it and see if he/she thinks there's a medication that would work with whatever you're currently taking.

otherwise totally try the eciggs or nicorette or something. cuz you're totally smoking too much.

W

WALMART

magic-flight-vaporizer.jpg

works wonders

:party:

:cool:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well talk to your dr about it and see if he/she thinks there's a medication that would work with whatever you're currently taking.

otherwise totally try the eciggs or nicorette or something. cuz you're totally smoking too much.

but i've decided to quit all treatment.except one med

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm considering it cuz I'm up to 1.5-2 packs a day and need to cut back at least. I've tried the patch just smoked on that.oh and do you like it. is it a good replacement?

I stopped smoking approx 15 months ago after smoking 30 a day for 24 years. For me I just got to a point where i had decided it was time. I had been mulling it over for a year or two but did not want to set myself up to fail. I think you need willpower but i also think there is a time that you are ready.

When i first stopped I used the eciggs but i had no idea how much of the stuff i was using because each filter is approx two packs but there is no point in which you are told how many 'ciggs' worth you have smoked. I also used the patches. The combination of patches and eciggs did help but i'm pretty sure i overdid it on nicotine at first.

Speak to your doctor and/or pro (and hopefully free) stop smoking service.

I don't trust the eciggs at all they are just another way to keep people addicted to parting with their money and I also imagine there will be associated helth risks as they have only been tested in short term controlled studies. That being said as a temporary measure I think it's whatever gets you throught the night but be prepared that you will have to go through withdrawls all over again when you stop the eciggs.

The things that worked best for me personally was lollipops. You can get corn syrup ones from the health food shop, I literally went through bags of them but they were the best at dulling cravings.

Good luck with it

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i think it's gotta be cold turkey. like just tell yourself this will pass for about a week everyday, very hour or whatever and don't drink coffee or anything else that makes you want to smoke more. once your lungs start feeling cleaner and you notice you can smell again and just feel better all the time. less tired etc that might b enough to keep it up. especially when you realize that you haven't craved one at all today. it feels awesome.

just let it get out of your system and then you know it's just the mental thing you have to deal with. tell yourself you're strong enough to do it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't think I can quit totally right now, but I've been trying to stick to one an hour instead of 3 an hour.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah i think it's gotta be cold turkey. like just tell yourself this will pass for about a week everyday, very hour or whatever and don't drink coffee or anything else that makes you want to smoke more. once your lungs start feeling cleaner and you notice you can smell again and just feel better all the time. less tired etc that might b enough to keep it up. especially when you realize that you haven't craved one at all today. it feels awesome.

just let it get out of your system and then you know it's just the mental thing you have to deal with. tell yourself you're strong enough to do it.

so basically don't eat or drink coffee? I can not eat I already eat very little but I neeeed coffeeeee.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I can quit totally right now, but I've been trying to stick to one an hour instead of 3 an hour.

yikes. try one every 3 hours. just make yourself do it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so basically don't eat or drink coffee? I can not eat I already eat very little but I neeeed coffeeeee.

yeah no not that. drink the coffee and eat the food. you're going to want to snack. you'll probably gain at least 10 lbs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah gaining 10lbs makes me want to quit less.

oh right i'm sorry but you can deal with that after. it's way easier to quit if you allow the snacking to happen.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh right i'm sorry but you can deal with that after. it's way easier to quit if you allow the snacking to happen.

I don't feel comfortable gaining weight, I think less of myself when I do. It's ok for other people to be fat, but not for me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I don't feel comfortable gaining weight, I think less of myself when I do. It's ok for other people to be fat, but not for me.