Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm considering it cuz I'm up to 1.5-2 packs a day and need to cut back at least. I've tried the patch just smoked on that.oh and do you like it. is it a good replacement?
    I stopped smoking approx 15 months ago after smoking 30 a day for 24 years. For me I just got to a point where i had decided it was time. I had been mulling it over for a year or two but did not want to set myself up to fail. I think you need willpower but i also think there is a time that you are ready.

When i first stopped I used the eciggs but i had no idea how much of the stuff i was using because each filter is approx two packs but there is no point in which you are told how many 'ciggs' worth you have smoked. I also used the patches. The combination of patches and eciggs did help but i'm pretty sure i overdid it on nicotine at first.

Speak to your doctor and/or pro (and hopefully free) stop smoking service.

I don't trust the eciggs at all they are just another way to keep people addicted to parting with their money and I also imagine there will be associated helth risks as they have only been tested in short term controlled studies. That being said as a temporary measure I think it's whatever gets you throught the night but be prepared that you will have to go through withdrawls all over again when you stop the eciggs.

The things that worked best for me personally was lollipops. You can get corn syrup ones from the health food shop, I literally went through bags of them but they were the best at dulling cravings.

Good luck with it
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i think it's gotta be cold turkey. like just tell yourself this will pass for about a week everyday, very hour or whatever and don't drink coffee or anything else that makes you want to smoke more. once your lungs start feeling cleaner and you notice you can smell again and just feel better all the time. less tired etc that might b enough to keep it up. especially when you realize that you haven't craved one at all today. it feels awesome.

just let it get out of your system and then you know it's just the mental thing you have to deal with. tell yourself you're strong enough to do it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think I can quit totally right now, but I've been trying to stick to one an hour instead of 3 an hour.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah i think it's gotta be cold turkey. like just tell yourself this will pass for about a week everyday, very hour or whatever and don't drink coffee or anything else that makes you want to smoke more. once your lungs start feeling cleaner and you notice you can smell again and just feel better all the time. less tired etc that might b enough to keep it up. especially when you realize that you haven't craved one at all today. it feels awesome.

just let it get out of your system and then you know it's just the mental thing you have to deal with. tell yourself you're strong enough to do it.
    so basically don't eat or drink coffee? I can not eat I already eat very little but I neeeed coffeeeee.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't think I can quit totally right now, but I've been trying to stick to one an hour instead of 3 an hour.
    yikes. try one every 3 hours. just make yourself do it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so basically don't eat or drink coffee? I can not eat I already eat very little but I neeeed coffeeeee.
    yeah no not that. drink the coffee and eat the food. you're going to want to snack. you'll probably gain at least 10 lbs.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

yeah no not that. drink the coffee and eat the food. you're going to want to snack. you'll probably gain at least 10 lbs.
    yeah gaining 10lbs makes me want to quit less.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah gaining 10lbs makes me want to quit less.
    oh right i'm sorry but you can deal with that after. it's way easier to quit if you allow the snacking to happen.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

oh right i'm sorry but you can deal with that after. it's way easier to quit if you allow the snacking to happen.
    I don't feel comfortable gaining weight, I think less of myself when I do. It's ok for other people to be fat, but not for me.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't feel comfortable gaining weight, I think less of myself when I do. It's ok for other people to be fat, but not for me.