User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Riva

I would like to join too.

However my intentions are to gain weight/muscles and not to lose fat. I am currently 81kgs/178Lbs at 183.5 cm/6 ft and I want to gain upto 85Kgs this year. Last year I managed to gain 5kgs. So can I take part in this?

Anyway I am under the impression that this isn't entirely about losing weight/body fat because I don't see any weight problem the ENFPs I've quoted below have to shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sure i will too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I am so down. I need a way to keep in shape (especially during the cold seasons).
    Do you two really have any weight issues?

beyondaurora

I'll join in. If we keep it simple, it might help us to stick with it. For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track. And the "weigh in" could be related to whatever our individual goals might be. I might post:

Progress: Rode recumbent bike 3x this week for 30 mins per session; ate gallon of chocolate ice cream and whole bar of Godiva chocolate; weight unchanged

Goal: Cardio rehab via recumbent bike 5x per week for 30 minutes per session; cut out chocolate to alleviate migraines; lose 5 lbs

Just thinking aloud...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'll toss my hat in too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I love this f***ing forum.

I'm in.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm in

Participants could post some goals, and once in a while others can quote 'em and ask, "Hey, where are you at on this one?" It'd be a way for everyone to constantly check the thread and get all reminded.
    So do you think is it worth having a master list of participants, and removing them if we don't hear from them after X weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

However my intentions are to gain weight/muscles and not to lose fat. I am currently 81kgs/178Lbs at 183.5 cm/6 ft and I want to gain upto 85Kgs this year. Last year I managed to gain 5kgs. So can I take part in this?
    Of course. While the details are still being worked out, the basic premise is that you post your goals at the beginning, and then routinely share your progress, either in the main thread or in a personal exercise thread in the Exercise Challenge subforum. And of course, you are free to adjust and post new goals as we go on.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I'll join in. If we keep it simple, it might help us to stick with it. For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track. And the "weigh in" could be related to whatever our individual goals might be. I might post:

Progress: Rode recumbent bike 3x this week for 30 mins per session; ate gallon of chocolate ice cream and whole bar of Godiva chocolate; weight unchanged

Goal: Cardio rehab via recumbent bike 5x per week for 30 minutes per session; cut out chocolate to alleviate migraines; lose 5 lbs

Just thinking aloud...
    Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of having a main thread for summarized progress posts. Sometimes people want to know how everyone is doing without having to sort through 10-20 individual progress threads. The main challenge is that people very quickly slack in posting to the main thread unless they receive gentle reminders.

I do like the idea of keeping track of the weight everyone losses (or gains) as a high level metric. It might be neat to see if we, as a group, can surpass 200 pounds or something like that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'll probably be doing it anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Anyway I am under the impression that this isn't entirely about losing weight/body fat because I don't see any weight problem the ENFPs I've quoted below have to shed.

well that's a weird question kind of.

i have fitness goals like most people who care about being healthy n stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

WALMART

You can always be thinner.... look better.

I'm in.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well, since I have plenty of good reasons to take care of my health anyway, why not? Count me in.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

Participants could post some goals, and once in a while others can quote 'em and ask, "Hey, where are you at on this one?" It'd be a way for everyone to constantly check the thread and get all reminded.
    I was gonna say both of these too. ^^

I think people should kinda sorta have to "weigh in" in the main thread even if they have their own personal on the side...cause how could we keep track otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    So do you think is it worth having a master list of participants, and removing them if we don't hear from them after X weeks?
    I think it would help so that we know who to quote, mention, or rep. Cause I know for me, even if I fall off the band wagon...I'm more likely to start right back up if I have a reminder of some sort.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12