User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    I would like to join too.

    However my intentions are to gain weight/muscles and not to lose fat. I am currently 81kgs/178Lbs at 183.5 cm/6 ft and I want to gain upto 85Kgs this year. Last year I managed to gain 5kgs. So can I take part in this?

    Anyway I am under the impression that this isn't entirely about losing weight/body fat because I don't see any weight problem the ENFPs I've quoted below have to shed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sure i will too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I am so down. I need a way to keep in shape (especially during the cold seasons).
    Do you two really have any weight issues?

  2. #32
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    I'll join in. If we keep it simple, it might help us to stick with it. For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track. And the "weigh in" could be related to whatever our individual goals might be. I might post:

    Progress: Rode recumbent bike 3x this week for 30 mins per session; ate gallon of chocolate ice cream and whole bar of Godiva chocolate; weight unchanged

    Goal: Cardio rehab via recumbent bike 5x per week for 30 minutes per session; cut out chocolate to alleviate migraines; lose 5 lbs

    Just thinking aloud...

  3. #33
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    I'll toss my hat in too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #34
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    I love this f***ing forum.

    I'm in.

  5. #35
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm in

    Participants could post some goals, and once in a while others can quote 'em and ask, "Hey, where are you at on this one?" It'd be a way for everyone to constantly check the thread and get all reminded.
    So do you think is it worth having a master list of participants, and removing them if we don't hear from them after X weeks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I would like to join too.

    However my intentions are to gain weight/muscles and not to lose fat. I am currently 81kgs/178Lbs at 183.5 cm/6 ft and I want to gain upto 85Kgs this year. Last year I managed to gain 5kgs. So can I take part in this?
    Of course. While the details are still being worked out, the basic premise is that you post your goals at the beginning, and then routinely share your progress, either in the main thread or in a personal exercise thread in the Exercise Challenge subforum. And of course, you are free to adjust and post new goals as we go on.

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I'll join in. If we keep it simple, it might help us to stick with it. For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track. And the "weigh in" could be related to whatever our individual goals might be. I might post:

    Progress: Rode recumbent bike 3x this week for 30 mins per session; ate gallon of chocolate ice cream and whole bar of Godiva chocolate; weight unchanged

    Goal: Cardio rehab via recumbent bike 5x per week for 30 minutes per session; cut out chocolate to alleviate migraines; lose 5 lbs

    Just thinking aloud...
    Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of having a main thread for summarized progress posts. Sometimes people want to know how everyone is doing without having to sort through 10-20 individual progress threads. The main challenge is that people very quickly slack in posting to the main thread unless they receive gentle reminders.

    I do like the idea of keeping track of the weight everyone losses (or gains) as a high level metric. It might be neat to see if we, as a group, can surpass 200 pounds or something like that.

  6. #36
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I'll probably be doing it anyway.

  7. #37
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I would like to join too.

    However my intentions are to gain weight/muscles and not to lose fat. I am currently 81kgs/178Lbs at 183.5 cm/6 ft and I want to gain upto 85Kgs this year. Last year I managed to gain 5kgs. So can I take part in this?

    Anyway I am under the impression that this isn't entirely about losing weight/body fat because I don't see any weight problem the ENFPs I've quoted below have to shed.





    Do you two really have any weight issues?
    well that's a weird question kind of.

    i have fitness goals like most people who care about being healthy n stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #38
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Do you two really have any weight issues?
    You can always be thinner.... look better.

    I'm in.

  9. #39
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Well, since I have plenty of good reasons to take care of my health anyway, why not? Count me in.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  10. #40
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    For example, could we just post our progress in one master thread? We could do a weekly "weigh in" or something of the sort to keep us on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

    Participants could post some goals, and once in a while others can quote 'em and ask, "Hey, where are you at on this one?" It'd be a way for everyone to constantly check the thread and get all reminded.
    I was gonna say both of these too. ^^

    I think people should kinda sorta have to "weigh in" in the main thread even if they have their own personal on the side...cause how could we keep track otherwise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    So do you think is it worth having a master list of participants, and removing them if we don't hear from them after X weeks?
    I think it would help so that we know who to quote, mention, or rep. Cause I know for me, even if I fall off the band wagon...I'm more likely to start right back up if I have a reminder of some sort.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Similar Threads

  1. Why Are You Interested In Science?
    By Forever in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 05:57 PM
  2. what do you consider extreme cuisine and are you interested in trying it?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 07:27 PM
  3. [ISFP] What were/are you like in school?
    By Quinlan in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
  4. WHat got you interested in MBTI?
    By animenagai in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO