User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Is this a good body fat percentage?

i am 5'2" and I weigh 131 pounds. I just got my body fat done properly (I have used online calculators but I know they're not accurate for the first time and it said 20.2% I am 17 is that good?
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Do you feel good?

I can double check my ASCM manual at home, but from what I recall that is within a healthy range (assuming you are female?)
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

PS who performed the test for you? They probably should have given you some info on what the numbers mean instead of you having to ask on a typology forum...

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You weigh around the same as me and I am 6', and a guy.

You can't count on online calculators of body fat. They are not based on real testing your body fat. They just calculate your BMI and based on this result it comperes what is the avarage body fat of people of your height and weight. So there is nothing you could learn about your body actually. Thing that really metters is how bulky your muscles are...It's clear that a person who excercises and do some real training to gain muscles will weight more, but the weight will more contained the muscle bulk, but this online test will give the person the same result as the guy who does nothing at all and sit on the couch, but accidently has the same weight and height... Your height is same as mine , I can only say, that from your height and weight I think you should be healthy. You're in normal range and there is nothing you should worry about. Ofcourse, if you're not happy with your body, it might be caused by too little excercise, or too much sweets and unhealthy products. If you avoid them and excercise, you can be happy with yourself and your weight.
    BTW I am not sure what Suadade wanted to say ... 131 lbs is normal weight for someone who is 5'2 tall. I wouldn't say it out loud if I were you, because I can imagine you look extremly skinny.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    BTW I am not sure what Suadade wanted to say ... 131 lbs is normal weight for someone who is 5'2 tall. I wouldn't say it out loud if I were you, because I can imagine you look extremly skinny.
    I look fairly normal.

Fishing for compliments? Whatever.

If you are a female, then that's just fine. You probably don't look fat, and wouldn't for quite a few more percentage points. PM/post a picture if you want better feedback.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Fishing for compliments? Whatever.

If you are a female, then that's just fine. You probably don't look fat, and wouldn't for quite a few more percentage points. PM/post a picture if you want better feedback.
    she won't post a pic and she is

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    i am 5'2" and I weigh 131 pounds. I just got my body fat done properly (I have used online calculators but I know they're not accurate for the first time and it said 20.2% I am 17 is that good?
    ok I checked my ASCM Guidelines for exercise Testing and Prescription manual and it says
    A consensus opinion for an exact percent body fat value assoicated with optimal health risk has yet to be defined; however, a range of 10%-22% and 20%-32% for men and women, respectively, has long been viewed as satisfactory for health
    The percentile table doesn't include your age range, but, if you are a female, it looks like you would probably fall around 50th percentile (pretty much average). If you are male, then maybe slightly higher body fat than average, but not much. Overall, men tend to be leaner, and women need a certain amount of body fat for normal biological functioning, so that's why on average women have a slightly higher body fat percentage. Anyway, if you are concerned if you are healthy or not, I'd definitely check with your doctor. Otherwise, regular exercise and nutritious food (if that's not already a part of your lifestyle) is pretty much always a good health recommendation, provided you don't have any other complicating health factors

I'm still curious who performed the assessment and why they didn't give you the information about what the number meant... does not seem very responsible to me...