User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Teeth Whitening

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Teeth Whitening

Do you whiten or attempt to whiten your teeth?

If yes, what do you do and does it work?

I am currently trying out Crest Whitestrips PREMIUM. I'm on day 1, application 1. I may be crazy, but my top teeth look whiter already. I had trouble applying the lower strip, and I removed it after only 10 minutes instead of the recommended 30. Now I believe I"m gonna have to put my mouth in a ridiculous position to do the bottom row.

I'll be curious to see how that turns out. From researching on the net before, I've read that OTC teeth whitening products suck. I've been wanting to whiten mine for a long time, I just haven't had the money. From the places I got information, they said that for around 500 dollars, your dentist can give you whitening strips, and that they will work way better than anything you can just buy at a store.

The laser whitening gives you the best results and is the quickest to do. However, it's extremely expensive. I hope something cheap works!??! How much was the stuff you got?

(9 years of smoking cigarettes and a lifetime of drinking of dark soda)
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I use Night White 22% strength which I buy on Ebay. I had trays made by my dentist years ago that I use with this product. However, Night White sells diy trays which I've heard work quite well.

This product is much superior to the stuff from the drugstore.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I paid 32 dollars at Walmart for this stuff. My ENTP friend says it works well.

I'm trying to clean things up after a few years of coffee and/or tea addiction. I don't drink coffee or hot tea anymore, but I have been drinking soft drinks lately.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I forgot to mention that I have BEFORE pictures taken, and I'm certainly planning on doing AFTER pictures as well.

I think the Crest Whitestrip Premiums work very well, I just wasn't patient to do it so many times. With Night White, you do it once for an hour and you're done.

Good luck with it - white teeth are SO NICE IMO.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I forgot to mention that I have BEFORE pictures taken, and I'm certainly planning on doing AFTER pictures as well.
    Did you white balance your camera beforehand? Heh, heh.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I'll be curious to see how that turns out. From researching on the net before, I've read that OTC teeth whitening products suck. I've been wanting to whiten mine for a long time, I just haven't had the money. From the places I got information, they said that for around 500 dollars, your dentist can give you whitening strips, and that they will work way better than anything you can just buy at a store.

The laser whitening gives you the best results and is the quickest to do. However, it's extremely expensive. I hope something cheap works!??! How much was the stuff you got?

(9 years of smoking cigarettes and a lifetime of drinking of dark soda)
    You get what you pay for. OTC might do a tiny bit of improvement, but nothing like getting your butt into the dentist's chair. I work part time as dental assistant. I've also had the laser whitening done. I think it's worth it because the results are more dramatic and you probably wouldn't have to get it done again for 5+ years. OTC, requires every six months or so and the results are so so. It's cheaper in the long run to get the laser.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

I got Zoom whitening at the dentist's office 3 weeks ago and the results were great. The dentist actually said that OTC products like Crest Whitestrips are very effective, (probably even comparably so) but they take a long time to work compared to in-office whitening.

My 1-hour-long procedure was pretty expensive (I needed immediate results for some new crowns I had installed) but the results were dramatic and fast! I basically sat in the chair under some UV light for an hour with my ipod on, other people took naps. I experienced a minimal amount of pain but some patients can experience sensitivity that leaves them in tears (according to the Dr.).
    Oh and check around, I've seen ads for summer discounts where you can get whitening for about $200 off the full price because of the state of our current economy. I'm definitely happy with the results, and I feel more confident with myself!
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Did you white balance your camera beforehand? Heh, heh.
    uhh? I put it in flower mode.