• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teeth Whitening

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do you whiten or attempt to whiten your teeth?

If yes, what do you do and does it work?

I am currently trying out Crest Whitestrips PREMIUM. I'm on day 1, application 1. I may be crazy, but my top teeth look whiter already. I had trouble applying the lower strip, and I removed it after only 10 minutes instead of the recommended 30. Now I believe I"m gonna have to put my mouth in a ridiculous position to do the bottom row.

LucrativeSid

I'll be curious to see how that turns out. From researching on the net before, I've read that OTC teeth whitening products suck. I've been wanting to whiten mine for a long time, I just haven't had the money. From the places I got information, they said that for around 500 dollars, your dentist can give you whitening strips, and that they will work way better than anything you can just buy at a store.

The laser whitening gives you the best results and is the quickest to do. However, it's extremely expensive. I hope something cheap works!??! How much was the stuff you got?

(9 years of smoking cigarettes and a lifetime of drinking of dark soda)

alicia91

I use Night White 22% strength which I buy on Ebay. I had trays made by my dentist years ago that I use with this product. However, Night White sells diy trays which I've heard work quite well.

This product is much superior to the stuff from the drugstore.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I paid 32 dollars at Walmart for this stuff. My ENTP friend says it works well.

I'm trying to clean things up after a few years of coffee and/or tea addiction. I don't drink coffee or hot tea anymore, but I have been drinking soft drinks lately.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I forgot to mention that I have BEFORE pictures taken, and I'm certainly planning on doing AFTER pictures as well.

alicia91

I think the Crest Whitestrip Premiums work very well, I just wasn't patient to do it so many times. With Night White, you do it once for an hour and you're done.

Good luck with it - white teeth are SO NICE IMO. :)

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'll be curious to see how that turns out. From researching on the net before, I've read that OTC teeth whitening products suck. I've been wanting to whiten mine for a long time, I just haven't had the money. From the places I got information, they said that for around 500 dollars, your dentist can give you whitening strips, and that they will work way better than anything you can just buy at a store.

The laser whitening gives you the best results and is the quickest to do. However, it's extremely expensive. I hope something cheap works!??! How much was the stuff you got?

(9 years of smoking cigarettes and a lifetime of drinking of dark soda)

You get what you pay for. OTC might do a tiny bit of improvement, but nothing like getting your butt into the dentist's chair. I work part time as dental assistant. I've also had the laser whitening done. I think it's worth it because the results are more dramatic and you probably wouldn't have to get it done again for 5+ years. OTC, requires every six months or so and the results are so so. It's cheaper in the long run to get the laser.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I got Zoom whitening at the dentist's office 3 weeks ago and the results were great. The dentist actually said that OTC products like Crest Whitestrips are very effective, (probably even comparably so) but they take a long time to work compared to in-office whitening.

My 1-hour-long procedure was pretty expensive (I needed immediate results for some new crowns I had installed) but the results were dramatic and fast! I basically sat in the chair under some UV light for an hour with my ipod on, other people took naps. I experienced a minimal amount of pain but some patients can experience sensitivity that leaves them in tears (according to the Dr.).
Oh and check around, I've seen ads for summer discounts where you can get whitening for about $200 off the full price because of the state of our current economy. I'm definitely happy with the results, and I feel more confident with myself!

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
About to apply this night's strips. You can expect BEFORE and AFTER picture posting next Monday.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I use a pre brush whitening rinse
a toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda
and i use a toothbrush that is supposed to be made for whitening teeth.
i have very white teeth.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, I could stand to have this done sometime. Sounds like a dentist visit is the best with OTC products to maintain the color afterwards?

alicia91

Whether you get the Zoom 2-hour procedure or the professional trays and gel (which you do at home) the results are about the same. Discuss with your dentist which would be best for your needs. I think there is a cost difference - I think Zoom is about $500 here and the trays and gel are significantly less. Some think the trays and gel get your teeth whiter than Zoom but I couldn't tell much difference. My reason for sticking with the trays is that once you've paid for the custom-made trays you have them forever and can either get the gel from your dentist or online for yearly touch-ups.

Over-the-counter is ok or fine for touch-ups but it really doesn't work as well because the product isn't touching all the surface area of the teeth the same way a gel would.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I use a pre brush whitening rinse
a toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda
and i use a toothbrush that is supposed to be made for whitening teeth.
i have very white teeth.

Did you start this process with teeth that suffered due to a coffee or smoking habit?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Did you start this process with teeth that suffered due to a coffee or smoking habit?

You will have good results even with aforementioned issues. I recommend doing zoom whitening, and then getting the trays/gel for touch up use later on. You won't really need a touchup after zoom whitening though.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I don't think I can afford it.

Then your strips will just have to get the job done. If you ever can afford to get teeth whitened professionally, the tray method is probably best for you. As someone stated above, you get to keep the custom trays your whole life. All you have to do is buy gel for touch up now and then.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Yes, and i still drink a lot of sodas on a regular basis. The pre rinse and the toothbrush really help keep the stains off.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Day 4 of the whitening process, and I'm taking the day off do to teeth sensitivity. I heard it just gets worse and worse if you keep going. Maybe after today I'll do two days, then another day off. Then I'll finish up the last two days. That'll make Monday the last day of the process, so pictures might up here on Tuesday.