User Tag List

First 3111213

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    This is a thing that is going through my mind for a quite time. Obesity is NOT a comsetic problem, or a beauty problem as a lot of people seem to see it this way. Obesity is a serious health problem and it's still tolerated like nothing happens. When you have an obese kid in the class your parents usually tell you not to make a fun of him, because you could hurt his feelings. But it's totally fine to tell a skinny person, he's skinny. Or it's fine to tell someone who is underweight "you look like anorexic" , but it's not okay to tell an obese kid he's obese...What's wrong?
    My conspiracy theory is that obesity is becoming endemic. Particularly in cultures subsisting off a high proportion of processed food. To draw attention to it is politically sensitive and must be handled in a way that puts blame on the consumer rather than the producer. To make it into an emotional problem does this conveniently and because its emotional, nice people dont hurt fat peoples feelings by calling them fat.

MBTI
    INTP

lulz..

Well yeah, it is illiberal to ban fatty foods.

But then as we all know obesity rates continue to rise. And not just in the West, but in developing economies such as India and China. We simply eat too much high fat/high sugar foods. We didn't evolve to eat that, period.

So yeah, it's bad to show concern that the population is unhealthy lol... And what is freedom? Freedom is not licence and surely the social costs of freedom have to analysed. If somebody pooh-poohs that, well yeah, the only reason we outlaw murder and rape is social cost.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We didn't evolve to eat high fat foods? Really? Do you think our early hominid ancestors threw away the fatty parts of the mammoths?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think he's trolling. Not gonna feed.

MBTI
    yupp

What about people who only eat when they take certain meds and when they eat they eat really bad. Like ive gone from a 10 to ,6 in less than 2 months.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Why would it help to tell an overweight person they're overweight? They're already completely aware of it...I'm sure it factors into every part of their life in some way or another.

"So you say you're under a curse? Well so what, so's the whole damn world."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    We didn't evolve to eat high fat foods? Really? Do you think our early hominid ancestors threw away the fatty parts of the mammoths?
    er.. yeah, we evolved to eat foods with hydrogenated oils, right?

homo habilis or erectus ate a varied diet, which is our natural diet. We didn't evolve to eat foods with hyper fat or sugar levels.

So yes, we are obese since we can't handle our modern diet...
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I tolerate obesity because I am tolerant of people to make their own decisions about what they put in their mouths and how much or how little they exercise. It's not really my business what they decide to do. I also tolerate a diversity in body types. In addition to personal decisions about eating and exercising I do believe weight has somewhat of a genetic component. Some people won't be skinny no matter what. We shouldn't fault those for things that may not be within their control.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    yupp

people shouldn't use fast food as an excuse for being fat when there's plenty of places that are quick where you can get a salad or something. I mean I don't go get fast food because I want to be healthy I go because I'm craving junk. I also find that you can always pack a sandwhich,wrap, or salad. but i get sometimes there's nothing to eat but fast food cuz of time constraints. I'm not saying don't eat fast food, I'm saying that if you want to lose weight don't eat it every day I tend to eat it maybe once a month or less if that
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so