User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

OK: this delirious paper about the "so-called" dangers of science and modern medicine comes from a creepy cult called the "Universal White Brotherhood".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...te_Brotherhood

So people please: avoid this at all cost: your sanity, your health and your money are at stake and those people are VERY DANGEROUS.

I just hope our dear JAVO is not one of them.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

It's good sometimes to revisit our past, to reexamine things we start to take for granted as history becomes condensed into constantly repeated bullet points in introductory course lectures. Even thought science as an idea is perfect, people aren't, and we can make mistakes along the way. That's why theories are compared to experience and experiment countless times to make sure they hold up.

The basic premise of the excerpt quoted here is seriously flawed, however. Yes, healthy tissue is better at fighting disease than compromised or unhealthy tissue. That does not mean that "germs" (bacteria, viruses, fungi, prions, etc) don't cause disease. One of Pasteurs's contemporaries, Robert Koch, proved this. When there is a disease caused by a microorganism, it is isolated from the diseased tissue, grown in pure culture, and introduced to a healthy host. It causes the same disease in the previously healthy host.

Pasteur might have been wrong about a lot of stuff. So were Newton and Einstein. We don't have to throw out hundreds of years of science because of it.
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think science is mistaken, only incomplete.

It's only common sense that people survived most of history by more than trial and error, and EVERY indigenous culture has used medicinal plants pretty effectively for longer than modern medicine has been in existence.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think you'll find the reasons we live longer than in the past are contained in what I wrote, if you look closely. And energy isn't just a theory; in classical physics mass and energy are interchangeable. The way people understand it is what is in dispute, but in some sense it is indisputable that everything is energy.

What do you think energy is then? Do you understand physics? Nutrition talks about food in terms of energy input and output. Why should food be energy but our bodies not be? Our bodies are energy input for other organisms. Adequate nutrition is a question of proper energy balance. It's really not a stretch to say that psychology is energy balance.
    Do you even understand physics?

Jesus Christ! I don't even know if I should attempt to reason with you.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Do you even understand physics?

Jesus Christ! I don't even know if I should attempt to reason with you.
    I think I understand it at least as well as you, and I agree a debate would not be fruitful.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't think science is mistaken, only incomplete.

It's only common sense that people survived most of history by more than trial and error, and EVERY indigenous culture has used medicinal plants pretty effectively for longer than modern medicine has been in existence.
    I agree with this. I feel that there's something very important that we don't know yet.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Yes, modern medicine is based on evidence and reason, while pre-modern medicine was based on faith.

Of course civilization has its discontents which misleads us to alternative medicine, a romantic form of medicine, a faith based medicine, because it makes us feel better.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@JAVO

My beliefs about a lot of things that are of any substance, are sadly very controversial. So I'm not going to spill them all out on here.

(disclosure: what I'm about to say is not 100% or "always" true, and I'm not here to debate anything) But all I have to say is that: our bodies are free of dis-ease when our blood is at a more alkaline PH.

Pretty much everything, except fruits and veggies break down into the blood as a more acidic PH. Therefore, yea, I think it's the environment that we keep in our own bodies. I don't have any articles on that...though, I'm sorry. I came across this information when I was heavy into understanding why our bodies have diseases.

I also know that there are ways that you can heal yourself by engaging the sodium - potassium pumps (which create the energy in each cell @greenfairy) To stop your own blood proteins from spilling into your cells. (which then, is what causes the PH of your blood to become more acidic.)

I get all of that info from Dr. West, who has sadly passed away.(disclosure: he was also very religious and incorporated his religion into his practices that he taught....so it might not be for everyone...I mostly ignored that information, until I could understand the biology behind it.) So I recommend his son now who is alive. I'm not on my computer right now so I don't have a link. His son is boring to listen to but he teaches holistic medicine. Which is sorta, kinda, along that lines of what I believe I guess.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    But all I have to say is that: our bodies are free of dis-ease when our blood is at a more alkaline PH.

Pretty much everything, except fruits and veggies break down into the blood as a more basic PH. Therefore, yea, I think it's the environment that we keep in our own bodies. I don't have any articles on that...though, I'm sorry. I came across this information when I was heavy into understanding why our bodies have diseases.

I also know that there are ways that you can heal yourself by engaging the sodium - potassium pumps (which create the energy in each cell @greenfairy) To stop your own blood proteins from spilling into your cells. (which then, is what causes the PH of your blood to become more basic.)

I get all of that info from Dr. West, who has sadly passed away.(disclosure: he was also very religious and incorporated his religion into his practices that he taught....so it might not be for everyone...I mostly ignored that information, until I could understand the biology behind it.) So I recommend his son now who is alive. I'm not on my computer right now so I don't have a link. His son is boring to listen to but he teaches holistic medicine. Which is sorta, kinda, along that lines of what I believe I guess.
    Pehaps if you studied biology rather than the superstition of holistic medicine, you would discover our bodies maintain a very fine balance between acidity and alkalinity.

So to say our bodies are free of disease when our blood is more alkaline is a superstition not based on evidence or reason. It is an article of faith masquerading as biology.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Pehaps if you studied biology rather than the superstition of holistic medicine, you would discover our bodies maintain a very fine balance between acidity and alkalinity.

So to say our bodies are free of disease when our blood is more alkaline is a superstition not based on evidence or reason. It is an article of faith masquerading as biology.
    http://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-fo...d-alkaline.htm

If you read that article entirely, it gets to my point.

Such as when it says:

When people encourage you to "alkalize your blood," most of them mean that you should eat plenty of foods that have an alkaline-forming effect on your system. The reason for making this suggestion is that the vast majority of highly processed foods - like white flour products and white sugar - have an acid-forming effect on your system, and if you spend years eating a poor diet that is mainly acid-forming, you will overwork some of the buffering systems mentioned above to a point where you could create undesirable changes in your health.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12