User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default addicted to caffiene in the morni.v

and I really need to cut it out, but I can't function without it is there any other things that don't make me pee I could try. showers don't work nor does eating

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i am too. i'm actually kind of completely worthless without it.

i haven't found anything that works. not even 12 hours of sleep.

green tea or red tea would be better but i don't notice it perking me up at all.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

are you wanting to give up caffeine all together? i could do some research on some kind of herbal substitute. by research i mean ask my mother who knows all this stuff haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    are you wanting to give up caffeine all together? i could do some research on some kind of herbal substitute. by research i mean ask my mother who knows all this stuff haha
    yes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

quick google search.

and ah of course i know ginseng shoulda mentioned that.

10 Natural Caffeine Alternatives

Did you know that the #1 addiction in the world is caffeine? Well it should be money, but what do I know. Like everything, it’s good to take things in moderation. Caffeine is great for jogging your memory, body detoxification, boosting your energy, easing depression, and increasing your stamina. Too much and you’ve got restlessness, irritability, anxiety, and high blood pressure. Pretty much sums me up without caffeine. However, there are natural ingredients out there that has the same effect as caffeine so you don’t have to pick up that extra glass of coffee.

1. Ashwagandha – Ash-wa-what? This is an ingredient that means “essence of a horse”. It’s a powerful adaptogen, which has the ability to provide stamina and energy when you need it or rejuvenate and calm the system and balance hormones when you also need it.

2. Chá de bugre – it’s a tree! Offers great natural energy and a natural appetite suppressant. Click here to learn more.

3. Gingko Biloba – This is a great substitute for caffeine because it increases blood flow to the brain and the extremities. Increased blood flow can resemble the affects of exercise on the body, causing an individual to feel more awake and energized.

4. Ginseng – This ingredient has been reported to build energy in the body and increase health and vitality. It has also been said to increase mental awareness and clarity. Too bad ginseng tea tastes awful to me.

5. Green Tea – the AWESOMEST ingredient ever. Some people describe Green Tea as a calmer form of energy, in contrast to the “rush” that may derive from caffeinated beverages. I’m in love with this ingredient, not just because I’m Asian.

6. Maca- Maca has been deemed by Ancient Peruvians as a highly nutritious, energy-instilling food. It has also been used as a remedy to enhance strength and stamina.

7. Yerba Mate - Yerba Mate is chockfull of antioxidants and vitamins and does not produce the caffeine-related crashes experienced with coffee. It has been said to give you 3-4 hours of stable, clean energy.

8. Apples – It’s a common misconception that apples have a comparable amount of caffeine to coffee. Apples won’t give you a buzz like coffee will because it actually lacks caffeine, but the natural sugar will give you an energy boost.

9. Chai - Has tons of spiced flavor but light in caffeine content. Will still pick you up without all the guilt.

10. Chocolate – Yea, I had to add this because Godiva is making a fortune out of me every month. It’s an antioxidant, has caffeine, and health benefits.
    About these ads
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I have chai tea

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i might try ginseng protein smoothies this week and see how it goes. i'll report back!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i might try ginseng protein smoothies this week and see how it goes. i'll report back!
    please do

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I will never cut cafeine. Who we kidding. Now reducing it- that's another story.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I will never cut cafeine. Who we kidding. Now reducing it- that's another story.
    haha! i know i man...the only reason i want to is because i get a headache when i don't drink it...but it's usually easy enough to just drink it haha
    -Jim Morrison