User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha! i know i man...the only reason i want to is because i get a headache when i don't drink it...but it's usually easy enough to just drink it haha
    Yes- I get the headache too. damnit- it has us in its clutches.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Like any good addict I keep coffee in my desk at work. I've been known to eat a spoon of instant then follow with a water chaser when I'm busy and need my fix. My co-workers get a kick when I do that. Being an addict I can appreciate good taste and all that but when it comes down to it, its about optimizing caffeine levels for energy and efficiency and in that regards I'm sorta a anti-coffee snob.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I'm addicted but I have very good reason to give it up

MBTI
    INTp

It seems studies show the long term health effects of caffeine appear more beneficial than harmful, so I see no reason to give it up. Plus I like the ritual of coffee drinking in the morning (especially at work).

I once switched to decaf just to prove to somebody I could de-addict myself if necessary, but decaf is not convenient to obtain sometimes (the office coffee pool only had instant decaf) and it doesn't taste as good in general. So I went about 30 days then switched back.

PS> The headaches disappear after just a few days (at least in my case)

People keep thinking that coffee is somehow bad for them...Why? It has almost as much of antioxidants as green tea. It lower a risk of diabetes, cancer and alzheimer disease. You can read about coffee and its health benefits right here: http://phys.org/news6067.html

MBTI
    yupp

stop just stop if I didn't have a very good reason I wouldn't so maybe it was a mistake to post this. btw it has to do with personal medical issues

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    stop just stop if I didn't have a very good reason I wouldn't so maybe it was a mistake to post this
    Caffeine doesn't work for some people for one reason or another. I'd say just try to slowly and systematically cut back. Maybe cut it with more and more water (or cream, but that would get pretty creamy if you still wanted a full cup), or just fill it up less and less over a few weeks' time.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm gonna try this
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Caffeine doesn't work for some people for one reason or another. I'd say just try to slowly and systematically cut back. Maybe cut it with more and more water (or cream, but that would get pretty creamy if you still wanted a full cup), or just fill it up less and less over a few weeks' time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I dunno. I have a mug of hot water and lemon first thing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Start cutting back than going cold turkey, I guess. Like two cups a day (in total volume, split over the day though, so like four half cups) and then gradually reduce that intake as well.
    @nicolita's idea is good.

Also, the ginkgo biloba stuff from Lady X's post sounds intriguing; I would actually love to try that myself. It's not hard to find; I have seen it both at CVS and the supermarket near the vitamins and other supplements.

Really hope it helps.