First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    could the thing i want to get checked out be connected to an auto-immune/neurological disorder? if so i think it be a win
    Could be and getting stuff checked out almost can't ever hurt.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

well I'm being forced to go to the doctor for a cough i've had for a year.but it wanes and waxes so i don't think its important

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Actually I always like going to the doctor. I have a genetic disorder so I grew up in and out of the hospital and doctor's offices. Medical settings are safe and comfortable and familiar environments for me.

As others have mentioned they are bound to protect your privacy, but the insurance thing is a sticky situation. I am fairly certain that you do not have to give them a reason you want to be seen, even if the secretary gets pissed at you. Or you can be very, very vague. I'd try to be truthful as you can while avoiding the specifics (for instance, you could say "a skin problem" and not give any more details). Like cafe said I'd level with the provider once you're there. They deal with people's confidentiality concerns all the time and they'll be able to tell you what they can do to help you navigate the situation.

You may also want to try to get a nurse practitioner or a doc you know has a little extra time to spend with you or a soft spot. I have utmost respect for doctors but NPs are trained in the nursing model of care, with more focus on holistic patient wellbeing, and usually will give a little more weight to personal concerns.

WALMART

I do. Fuck pride. It only hurts, it never helps.

MBTI
    yupp

I told my mom that i was making a doctors appointment for a cough i've had for forever. so she wouldn't be suprised by a bill.

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Some people are shitheads, and some are nice. Health care professionals are not exempt from those categories. Some doctors are shitbags, and some are really nice.

MBTI
    yupp

so I'm going friday for a chest xray and I'm planning.to.bring up the other thing. I'm taking a risk here bu saying for a long time I would pee.myseld when I threw up and than later when I coughed but it wouldn't show I said nothing about it. 6 months ago I caught a cold and was walking aroind with a wet spot on my pants. now I'm sick.again and Ive had to taken to wearing pads.cuz of the amount I'm losing. but I'm extremely embarrassed to bring it up to tje.doctor is there any tricks? I went threw a.particularly bad spell.a.year ago but it.mostly.cleared up.so I quit.worrying.about it

your resident asshole

Meh, I guess going to the doctor isn't exactly "fun," but it isn't bad either. I haven't been to the doctor in years because I never get sick. I suppose a check up might be good, but I can't drive or anything and I'm pretty sure I would need to know my parents' insurance info or something that I don't understand so it wouldn't matter anyway. But the last time they went they told me to pee in a cup and it was a tad messy. Sorry, but I can't aim!

Either way, I'd never feel comfortable telling them if something was wrong with me. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so it'd be a bit stupid to bother them about everything when I am perfectly healthy.

so I'm going friday for a chest xray and I'm planning.to.bring up the other thing. I'm taking a risk here bu saying for a long time I would pee.myseld when I threw up and than later when I coughed but it wouldn't show I said nothing about it. 6 months ago I caught a cold and was walking aroind with a wet spot on my pants. now I'm sick.again and Ive had to taken to wearing pads.cuz of the amount I'm losing. but I'm extremely embarrassed to bring it up to tje.doctor is there any tricks? I went threw a.particularly bad spell.a.year ago but it.mostly.cleared up.so I quit.worrying.about it
    Dude. The only "trick" is to see a doctor. This stuff isn't your average sniffles. You seriously need to get checked out.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Meh, I guess going to the doctor isn't exactly "fun," but it isn't bad either. I haven't been to the doctor in years because I never get sick. I suppose a check up might be good, but I can't drive or anything and I'm pretty sure I would need to know my parents' insurance info or something that I don't understand so it wouldn't matter anyway. But the last time they went they told me to pee in a cup and it was a tad messy. Sorry, but I can't aim!

Either way, I'd never feel comfortable telling them if something was wrong with me. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so it'd be a bit stupid to bother them about everything when I am perfectly healthy.

Dude. The only "trick" is to see a doctor. This stuff isn't your average sniffles. You seriously need to get checked out.
    I meant trick in telling the doctor

your resident asshole

I meant trick in telling the doctor
    Oh ok. I'm glad that you're going, but sorry, I don't have any tricks. You're just going to have to blurt it out even though it's awkward. The awkward feeling will pass.