• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drug Tripping: My Latest Adventure (Or, the importance of REM sleep)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesterday I had an appointment at the local clinic. This was a "med check" visit. In other words, I take some meds that the clinic wants to keep tabs on every four months or so.

I had never heard of the "doctor" (P.A.) before that I had the appointment with, I suspect he's new because he looked really young. Let's call him "Logan" (his real name). "Logan" was a bright, upbeat young man.

"Logan" greeted me with a cheerful handshake and then proceeded to work. He looked over the pages I had filled out beforehand, and asked me about a couple of my meds. I told him things were going fine, and "Logan" was ecstatically happy to hear this news.

"Logan" asked me if there was anything else. I informed him about my sleeping difficulties. He informed me that this is no good, and that REM sleep is very important. I then informed him of an article I read online about experiments on mice and the affect of spinal fluid on the brain during the sleeping process. "Logan" was fascinated to hear this story.

I then proceeded to tell "Logan" that I took an Ambien once and the effect was so powerful my wife had to practically carry me into the bedroom. "Logan" was surprised to hear this.

"Logan" then proceeded to prescribe Trazodone for me. I told "Logan" that I didn't know what that was. "Logan" informed me that Trazodone is an old sleep medication.

I left the clinic and went to the pharmacy to pick up my medication. It wasn't ready yet, so I went home. My wife picked it up for me later that day. In the meantime, I was researching Trazodone online and found that it is an anti-depressant. In fact, it is listed as an anti-depressant/sleep medication. This shocked me, as I had not reported any issues with depression to "Logan."

My wife brought the Trazodone and set it down in front of me and left. It was only about 6 pm at this time, but I popped one down my throat anyway. My wife then came back and told me the pharmacist said to take only one-half (25 mg) Trazodone to begin with. Too late! But why hadn't "Logan" informed me of this?

Why "Logan"? Why???

About a half-hour later, I was shuffling around the house like the living dead.

I went to bed at around 6:30 pm. I turned over on my right side, and vomited into my mouth. No, this isn't usual for me.

I got up, shambled into the bathroom to spit it out into the sink, went to take a leak, and it burned like crazy. No, this isn't usual for me either.

I then went back to bed, and after a while I turned onto my left side, at which time I vomited into my mouth again.

This happened a third and a fourth time.

I finally managed to get some real sleep around 9 pm. I think! But it didn't last. I was tripping, or something. I mean, there was writing on the bedroom walls and shit like that. I still don't know if I was asleep or awake. I would hear my wife talking to me plain as day, then turn and see her there peacefully sleeping next to me. At one time I saw her standing at the foot of the bed, and the next thing I know she's still there sleeping next to me. A lot of strange things were happening in that bedroom, but suddenly I would snap out of it and everything would appear to be normal again. Whatever it was, I would shift in and out of it like moving from one reality to another, back and forth. This went on until after midnight. I don't remember anything after that, until I woke up.

I want "Logan" to be pleased with me, so I hope all the hallucinating I did counts as REM sleep. I really need some REM.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you aware of 5-HTP by any chance?

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...veIngredientId=794&activeIngredientName=5-HTP
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant (Griffonia simplicifolia).

Don’t use 5-HTP until more is known. 5-HTP might be UNSAFE. Some people who have taken it have come down with eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS), a serious condition involving extreme muscle tenderness (myalgia) and blood abnormalities (eosinophilia). Some people think the EMS might be caused by an accidental ingredient (contaminant) in some 5-HTP products. But there is not enough scientific evidence to know if EMS is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, avoid taking 5-HTP.​

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...veIngredientId=794&activeIngredientName=5-HTP
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant (Griffonia simplicifolia).

Don’t use 5-HTP until more is known. 5-HTP might be UNSAFE. Some people who have taken it have come down with eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS), a serious condition involving extreme muscle tenderness (myalgia) and blood abnormalities (eosinophilia). Some people think the EMS might be caused by an accidental ingredient (contaminant) in some 5-HTP products. But there is not enough scientific evidence to know if EMS is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, avoid taking 5-HTP.​

Sooo you're unaware then?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come to think of it, I don't know if the PA's name was Logan or Lawrence. I asked the nurse who it would be this time (otherwise I may never have known), and she said something that sounded like 'Logan,' but it may have been 'Lawrence.'

You see, they don't speak very good English at this clinic sometimes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I bought 50 mg Zinc, 250 mg magnesium, and 3 mg melatonin. The health food rep tried to sell me two of these plus testosterone, etc, in the same pill, but I told him I don't need a witch's brew, I only want the things I came into the store to buy. And besides, that witch's brew cost almost $40.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OBTW, that health food rep didn't know what REM sleep was.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something else occurred during my experiment with PA-prescribed Tramodol. I haven't been able to sleep on my back for at least a year, but last night I had no trouble whatsoever.

What is it about Tramodol that enabled me to sleep on my back after all this time?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a lot of trouble sleeping while I was in the throes of separation. Twas awful. It was more awful to mention it to my PA (ooh--a pattern!). Anyway, he gave me some Trazadone. They've got to get rid of those old tricyclics some kind of way and they make a powerful sleeping pill in sub-anti-depressant doses. I had the worse frigging reaction to that crap ever...stuck in this crappy, nightmare horror...couldn't wake up...brought out the worse of my hypnagogic and hypnopompic stuff.

:cry:

I take melatonin now. It helps some. I need some skullcap tincture.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a lot of trouble sleeping while I was in the throes of separation. Twas awful. It was more awful to mention it to my PA (ooh--a pattern!). Anyway, he gave me some Trazadone. They've got to get rid of those old tricyclics some kind of way and they make a powerful sleeping pill in sub-anti-depressant doses. I had the worse frigging reaction to that crap ever...stuck in this crappy, nightmare horror...couldn't wake up...brought out the worse of my hypnagogic and hypnopompic stuff.

:cry:

I take melatonin now. It helps some. I need some skullcap tincture.

That's another interesting herb to consider.
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ngredientId=986&activeIngredientName=SKULLCAP

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Valerian is good, too. Particularly with improving the quality of sleep. Unfortunately, the taste is so very bad that few can stomach it. Even the pills.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Valerian is good, too. Particularly with improving the quality of sleep. Unfortunately, the taste is so very bad that few can stomach it. Even the pills.

Don't eat that shit, just add some to bath water and bathe in it.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't eat that shit, just add some to bath water and bathe in it.

Oh no...I wouldn't even do that. If I smell it, I might as well be drinking it so naw...I'll stick to other stuff! :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is an amazing high you can get off stuff you can find in the grocery store. The word oregano is "pot" in Italian, because it is Italian pot. Roll a joint in it, and you'll never need to snort reefer again.