User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My podiatrist is good, but he isn't THAT good.

He told me that the night splint for my feet is ambidextrous, so to speak. But it's definitely a rightie. It's shaped for the right foot, and it even looks like it's shaped for the right foot. Moreover, it feels terrible on my left foot.

The doctor's assistant told me if I walk on it I will break it. Bullshit. I've walked on it a lot and it hasn't broken, and it's made of thick, hard plastic anyway.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Melatonin can cause some really wild sex dreams.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Melatonin can cause some really wild sex dreams.
    So Melatonin is the best by default

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    So Melatonin is the best by default
    No, by reason that it causes some really wild sex dreams.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This is my favorite "doctor" story. My wife has heard it so many times she's sick of it. She literally puts her hands to her ears and says "lalalalal!"

Many moons ago, perhaps 180 moons or so, I was experiencing stomach pain for two days straight. It was right in the pit of my stomach, and although it wasn't severe, it wouldn't go away.

So I went to the local clinic and visited my favorite (and locally popular) FNP. When I told her I was having stomach pain for two days, she circled her entire abdomen with her hand and asked, "Which part of your stomach?"

Which part of my stomach?

I pointed directly to my stomach, and replied, "My stomach."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Adventures with dietary supplements.

After my experience with Trazadone, prescribed to me by a local quack for insomnia and which caused hallucinations instead, I gave up on most Rx drugs and decided to experiment with over-the-counter dietary supplements through GNC.

I bought zinc and magnesium, based on a study regarding their combined effect on the immune system; and melatonin to help me sleep. (I also take multi-vitamins and vitamin C.)

The zinc and magnesium work great. I experienced a head cold last January but I barely felt it at all. However, lately I'm becoming nauseated after taking my daily cocktail of drugs. So I decided to take one out of the mixture every day until I determined which was the culprit.

I started with Vitamin C (based merely on its location on the shelf), and removing that one had no effect. Zinc is next on the shelf, so I stopped taking that one. The nausea went away. I took one the next day, and the nausea returned.

So it was the zinc all along, 50 mg p.d. for the last 6 months. I Googled the possible hazards of taking zinc, and it turned out that ZINC HAS A 40 MG UL, MEANING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING 40 MG P.D. AT THE MOST!

Over the months, zinc has been slowly building up in my system to toxic levels.

But zinc is being sold at GNC in 50 mg doses, so I'm not sure what to do.

Zinc is next on the shelf, so I stopped taking that one. The nausea went away. I took one the next day, and the nausea returned.

So it was the zinc all along, 50 mg p.d. for the last 6 months. I Googled the possible hazards of taking zinc, and it turned out that ZINC HAS A 40 MG UL, MEANING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING 40 MG P.D. AT THE MOST!

Over the months, zinc has been slowly building up in my system to toxic levels.

But zinc is being sold at GNC in 50 mg doses, so I'm not sure what to do.
    Do yourself a favor and go have your serum zinc and copper levels checked as well as your RBC (red blood cell) zinc and copper levels checked. A zinc to copper ratio of roughly 10 to 1 is needed.
    Since you have been blasting yourself with so much zinc, in addition to zinc toxicity, checking for a possible copper deficiency and/or zinc-copper imbalance is also warranted. (Don't just run out and blast yourself with copper, either.)
    You need to find out what you're actually dealing with, first.

Edit: Conventional doctors don't usually deal with these types of problems. Find yourself a decent alternative doctor in your area with a focus on functional medicine.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go have your serum zinc and copper levels checked as well as your RBC (red blood cell) zinc and copper levels checked. A zinc to copper ratio of roughly 10 to 1 is needed.
    Since you have been blasting yourself with so much zinc, in addition to zinc toxicity, checking for a possible copper deficiency and/or zinc-copper imbalance is also warranted. (Don't just run out and blast yourself with copper, either.)
    You need to find out what you're actually dealing with, first.

Edit: Conventional doctors don't usually deal with these types of problems. Find yourself a decent alternative doctor in your area with a focus on functional medicine.
    Obama said that if I like my health insurance plan then I can keep my health insurance plan. He let me keep it for about a year until he declared it illegal, and now I can't afford a good doctor. I didn't know that his promise was only valid until ACA went into effect.

The last few days have been an adventure in finding out what foods I'm allergic too. This was prompted by problems at work, where I have to talk to people a lot, with reactions such as coughing, breathing problems, and tightness in the chest. I made an appointment to see a clinic doctor last Monday, but on Thursday I discovered on my own what the problem was: chocolate.

So I've eliminated chocolate from my diet pending whatever I can find out was in the chocolate itself that caused the reaction. But now I'm sitting here itching and coughing, with red blotches and hives all over me. I looked at the ingredients of what I had for dinner and found two "red flags": milk and wheat gluten. I'm taking Allegra for it.

Milk is a common factor between milk chocolate and tonight's dinner. But it could be a coincidence. There are a lot of substances in chocolate, both natural (such as theobromine) and artificial, that can produce a histaminic response.

Obama said that if I like my health insurance plan then I can keep my health insurance plan. He let me keep it for about a year until he declared it illegal, and now I can't afford a good doctor. I didn't know that his promise was only valid until ACA went into effect.
    Are you subsidy-eligible?

Obamacare costs $82 for subsidy-eligible people and $264 for the feds on average - Jun. 18, 2014

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No, and anyway, this policy will soon be found illegal.

This very morning I discovered that I have qualified for 100% coverage at a local clinic.