- It should be used under the guidance of a doctor and sleep professional.
- It should be used at the correct dosage (0.3 - 1.0 mg).
- It should be taken about 90 minutes before lights out.
- It should be used for a short time (less than 3 months).
- It should never be used in combination with other sleep-inducing medications.
- It should never be used with alcohol.
- It should never be used with children (younger than 18 years).
- There are possible interaction effects and could change the effectiveness of your current medication regimen.
Melatonin at an extreme dose also causes reproductive problems.
As far as I can tell, the antidote to nightmares is to take less Melatonin. I could perhaps benefit from cutting the half-dosages in half yet again.