• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drug Tripping: My Latest Adventure (Or, the importance of REM sleep)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did melatonin and magnesium work for you?

I'm taking 3 mg melatonin and 250 mg magnesium, as well as 50 mg zinc, an hour before bed time. I'm still testing the effects. I haven't noticed any side-effects.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol wtv. I don't really like your posts. I'll just leave you alone.

I like your posts. But I have to be careful about what I put in my body. I've had some BAD experiences this past year with meds, both over-the-counter and prescribed.

There is nothing magical about alternative medicine.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I like your posts. But I have to be careful about what I put in my body. I've had some BAD experiences this past year with meds, both over-the-counter and prescribed.

There is nothing magical about alternative medicine.

Aw I kinda feel bad now. Sorry. Lol.

Carry on, good luck.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw I kinda feel bad now. Sorry. Lol.

Yes, you wouldn't believe how crazy it was at first, when those little things like Benadryl that I used to take suddenly turned against me. And also caffeine of all things. It was literally destroying my family. Even when taking Melatonin, I'm very cautious about the possibility of hallucination and severe mood swings.

Carry on, good luck.

Thanks.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

<---- This is me on Benadryl.

Who is that in your avi anyways? Looks like Richard Kuklinski.

Also, speaking of Benadryl, it's actually a pretty effective sleep aid in the 50 - 75 mg range. You can't take it every day though because tolerance builds quickly, and you will have to take more and more for it to work. It's also a deleriant if you take too much so.. you have to be careful.

I would not recommend it as a long term solution for insomnia.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who is that in your avi anyways? Looks like Richard Kuklinski.

It's me on Benadryl.

Also, speaking of Benadryl, it's actually a pretty effective sleep aid in the 50 mg range. You can't take it every day though because tolerance builds quickly and you have to take more and more for it to be effective.. It's also a deleriant if you take too much so.. you have to be careful.

I would not recommend it as a long term solution for sleeping trouble.

I wasn't abusing Benadryl, I'm not a pill-popper; caffeine was my drug of choice, purely for the energy, to keep going on all the jobs, and because it makes soda really tasty.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for Seroquel (which someone else brought up), here's a funny one I found on urbandictionary-
"This pill is most certainly not the shit. I don't know how this drug has such a modern image when it's complete shit. The side effects I can't really comment on, except for one: sedation. If your doctor put you on this he seriously wants you to stfu."

My older step-daughter was on Seroquel when she was in high school, and she couldn't stay awake in class.

Reports are... for some people, even if they have had taken it for months, that somnolence will stick to you like glue. You will be sleeping for like half a day at minimum... no matter if you take it at night time. It is probably why it is used as anti-psychotics, it works as intended... as a tranquilizer, lol. Get your doctor/PA to switch away from it... sounds horrible. Besides the sleep issue, I don't know why your PA gave you the go ahead in using such a strong drug besides the fact that they could be paid by the company to hand them out. If you are serious about taking a sleep med, I think you should ask the doctor about Trazodone or Mirtazapine... for the least. I mean... dear god... people may have trouble sleeping, but I don't think people need to be tranquilized the whole day.

Sounds a lot worse than Paxil (heard that it is one of the most addicting antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs out there.)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Street heroin seems to fuck you up less than what the doctors describe, also the addiction potential is about the same and it has less side effects. Not to mention that sleeping pills fuck up the rem stages of sleep, so you dont even get a good sleep if you sleep drugged up with them.

You really should think twice before taking some drugs like that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Woke up to a melatonin "hangover" this morning. Bad headache and then nausea. The 3 mg dose was a bad idea. The mayoclinic site recommends .5 mg, and lists "headache" as one of the sides. The guy at GNC warned me that 3 mg may be too much.

baccheion

Try breaking the pill into 4, that's what I do. Also, did you get the time release version, or the regular version (time released is supposedly better, as it holds you throughout the night)? Did it help you sleep through the night, or did it just help you get to sleep?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try breaking the pill into 4, that's what I do. Also, did you get the time release version, or the regular version (time released is supposedly better, as it holds you throughout the night)? Did it help you sleep through the night, or did it just help you get to sleep?

Actually, I can trade these in for 1 mg and then cut those in half. I'll ask about time release when I'm at gnc. At least I wasn't waking up all night, just twice, and then it was easy to fall back to sleep.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reports are... for some people, even if they have had taken it for months, that somnolence will stick to you like glue. You will be sleeping for like half a day at minimum... no matter if you take it at night time. It is probably why it is used as anti-psychotics, it works as intended... as a tranquilizer, lol. Get your doctor/PA to switch away from it... sounds horrible. Besides the sleep issue, I don't know why your PA gave you the go ahead in using such a strong drug besides the fact that they could be paid by the company to hand them out. If you are serious about taking a sleep med, I think you should ask the doctor about Trazodone or Mirtazapine... for the least. I mean... dear god... people may have trouble sleeping, but I don't think people need to be tranquilized the whole day.

Sounds a lot worse than Paxil (heard that it is one of the most addicting antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs out there.)

My step-daughter took seroquel a few years ago. I took trazadone and had tragic results with it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So now I'm drug tripping on Melatonin, only .5 mg, but that's all it takes. The result of taking Melatonin has mostly been better sleep, but more nightmares. Sometimes I wake up from the nightmares, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Last night was a night of one bad dream after another. But the weirdest one - I was walking past one of those big old-fashioned console TVs, the TV was turned on and I could see pictures moving on the screen. As I walked past it, I felt something cold grab my arm and stop me. When I looked down, there was a white arm coming from the TV screen grabbing onto my arm. And it was cold like a dead hand. The arm was attached to someone on the TV screen, kind of like in the movie The Ring. The arm started pulling me toward the TV screen, and I woke up.

This happened the exact same way twice last night.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
So now I'm drug tripping on Melatonin, only .5 mg, but that's all it takes. The result of taking Melatonin has mostly been better sleep, but more nightmares. Sometimes I wake up from the nightmares, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Last night was a night of one bad dream after another. But the weirdest one - I was walking past one of those big old-fashioned console TVs, the TV was turned on and I could see pictures moving on the screen. As I walked past it, I felt something cold grab my arm and stop me. When I looked down, there was a white arm coming from the TV screen grabbing onto my arm. And it was cold like a dead hand. The arm was attached to someone on the TV screen, kind of like in the movie The Ring. The arm started pulling me toward the TV screen, and I woke up.

Heh. A screen pulling you in...and you came right back to the INTERNET to talk about it. Look at me. I'm your monitor.... OOOOoooOOOOooooo

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I've been taking 50 mg melatonin every night. My dreams are normally extremely vivid but they've been crazy. Most are nightmarish too but I love the experience.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been taking 50 mg melatonin every night. My dreams are normally extremely vivid but they've been crazy. Most are nightmarish too but I love the experience.

I keep reading the words "50 mg" with a feeling of disbelief. Did you typo something there?

baccheion

I'm surprised 50mg puts you to sleep. I thought such high dosages (no need to go that high) caused a paradoxical reaction that resulted in more energy rather than better sleep. As for the nightmares, there's something that can be done about that, but I can't remember for the life of me. It think it involves vitamin (B-vitamin?) or mineral (magnesium?) supplementation. Something may be deficient.