User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I just finished mowing the lawn with a push mower, perhaps for the last time this year. My heart rate is still at 104 a half-hour after finishing. If it does the same as it did last weekend, it will stay at around 104 for hours and then gradually settle down.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here is an online cholesterol calculation based on results I got from my job's insurance:

Looks pretty grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Here is an online cholesterol calculation based on results I got from my job's insurance:

Looks pretty grim.
    Time to make some lifestyle changes.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    Time to make some lifestyle changes.
    Eat better and exercise more. Except for the exercising which is quite painful and debilitating.

Eat better and exercise more. Except for the exercising which is quite painful and debilitating.
    Low-carb is effective without exercise. Walking and bike riding are low intensity and you can slowly work your way up.
    Likes Mal12345 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Looks pretty grim.

I just got my bloodwork done and was shocked. I work out 4 days a week (high intensity/interval/weights). I am in very good physical shape. My resting pulse is 53. Blood pressure is optimal. But my sugar level was 105! And my cholesterol was high.

I have a history of diabetes/heart disease in my family. I looked at what I ate (was thinking I was eating healthy). I realized I was eating too many "good fats" and too much sugar (added sugar in carbs and juice). Which can add pounds. I was also eating too much avocado, proscuitto and cheese.

So read labels diligently of your everyday diet. You might be surprised at your portioning. Even good foods can be bad for you if over indulged in.

Now I'm looking at how I eat differently. I didnt realize how little leafy greens I was eating. I incorporate that into my dinner now. No added carbs at dinner. So I am subbing spagetti squash for pasta when I crave it and making my own sauce. (Tomato, unsalted chicken stock, onion, garlic reduced/sauteed/blended) no added sugar! Tastes so much better. Lower in calories too.

Find good substitutions too. There's a recipe for banana pancakes that is pretty indulgent. My sunday morning treat:
    2 bananas 2 eggs. Blend. I use a half serving (tablespoon) of agave syrup to finish. (16g) I keep track of my ADDED sugars. No more than 25g per day. I try to stay below that.

Nothing is grim. baby steps.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Mal12345 liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Good for you! Great resting heart rate. That right there shows your heart is pretty healthy!

I eat more greens now that I bought a Ninja blender. It's fun to make green smoothies. I am having a problem with my fresh greens freezing in my refrigerator though. And I have turned it down several times now....I have been trying to make green smoothies for my kids after school. If I add enough frozen fruit and juice, it is a hit.

I am avoiding processed meats due to the preservative and chemical components in them. I also try to avoid pork. I recently realized how much I love spaghetti squash too!!! And it tastes just like spaghetti, or maybe better.

EDIT: Is that a fasting blood glucose?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This has become more of a doctor-experience blog for me. Yesterday I went back to the same clinic that I visited in the OP post for a mere blood draw. I need to have all my levels checked out.

Oh my God did that nurse ever kill me with that needle. I've had my arm poked a lot of times in this last year, but this was the worst by far. And here is the result the next day: a nice fat little bruise where she poked me:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default It's Official: I Have Fibromyalgia

With such a venomous, hate-filled atmosphere as this forum contains, I am rather hesitant to post here anymore except for the occasional GIF or video. But I thought I should update this blog-like thread anyway just to post some thoughts.

In 2012 my general feeling of malaise increased dramatically, like, over night. One day I was okay; the next day, misery. And it wouldn't stop. My feet hurt and burned, and I would have sudden painful neck spasms that, one time, made the veterinarian I was working with stare at me with intense curiosity for a few seconds. I can't help but cry out in pain when something hits me internally out of the blue. I think the problem with some people (in this case he is an INTJ) is that they don't see any reason for the sudden outburst. And that's the problem with Fibromyalgia. There is no visible source of the pain. It's not as if a rock or something hits me, but it has the same effect. The stabbing pains I used to have in my feet, which are thankfully gone for the most part, felt like being stabbed with an ice pick.

People must think I'm just crazy like that

Last year I was moved into a new location at work. It is all computer work. The 50-year-old guy who sits behind me now constantly verbalizes pain. I think he is an ESFP, not because of what I just wrote, but because of all the things he's told me about himself. I think his Enneagram tritype is 974 (9w1), or 794.

But one of the first things I noticed was his verbalizing of things that also bother me. He's always saying "Ow my leg!" or "Ow my arm!" Or he talks about the stabbing pain in his feet which, as I well know, is very debilitating. It's a pain that surpasses 5 on the 1 - 10 pain scale that doctors love to use these days. The first time it happened to him at work, I asked him if he had done a lot of walking the day before. He said "yes." Or maybe he whimpered it. But when it used to happen to me, it would remind me of Jesus having his feet nailed to the cross and how that must have felt (assuming Jesus existed).

I can't wait for someone to make a Lego movie out of The Passion

Our symptoms don't quite match though. He has more of the tiredness symptomatic of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, another painful disease that resembles FM. Sometimes when he gets too quiet (because he usually talks constantly) I turn around to see him slumped over in his chair. He also says that he doesn't feel like he gets enough sleep at night even after sleeping for 8 or 9 hours. And he has reported that his arms sometimes feel so tired that he can't work any longer, although computer work is not physically demanding.

Even though his doctor thinks he has FM, I think he has CFS. They are closely related diseases that are easily confused with one another.

It is also possible to have both diseases at the same time.

As for me, I've been taking advantage of the great insurance I have on my job (which I pay through the nose for, by the way). So a few weeks ago I went to see my PA about knee pain. He moved my right leg around, but it didn't cause me to react, so he told me it was not arthritis of the knee. He asked me a few more questions, then he did a quick FM finger-poking exam of about 8 of the tender points that FM patients supposedly have. I noticed that it was an FM exam while it was happening because I had read about it online.

He declared that I probably have Fibromyalgia, and provided me with a subscription for Cymbalta which helped ease the pain.

Last Thursday I went to see a rheumatologist who did a much more thorough exam and then diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. The doctor prescribed warm water therapy and aerobic exercises.

It does explain quite a bit. FM is not just a painful disease, there is chemical sensitivity and other things involved -

Yes, it sucks to be me.

The "Nondermatomal Paresthesias" pointing to the leg is pretty funny though because it is the medical term for "whiplash." So it should be pointing to the neck of the figure. If I was that figure, it would be pointing to my left side mostly. And of course the line pointing to the groin area wouldn't exist because I'm not female.

So it's time for me to get on the Fibromyalgia bandwagon, read some books on the subject, and ponder the fact that I should be doing aerobics and warm water therapy like the true INTP that I am.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I drove myself to the ER two days ago and had an emergency appendectomy.