User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My wife's mother woke up in the night and "saw" a red-haired man standing in her bedroom staring at her. She jumped out of bed and grabbed something to defend herself with, but he was gone. It was a hallucination.

When my wife told me about this, I told her it was caused by Benadryl. She then told me that her mother hasn't taken any Benadryl in a long time.

Today, my wife reported to me that her mother had taken 4 Benadryls before going to bed that night because she was low on pain pills and needed help sleeping.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Lately I've been returning to the idea that I first came up with in 2012 that I have fibromyalgia, an incurable melange of symptoms that are linked together through 11 known hot spots on the human body.

I don't know. All I know is that one day in 2012 I woke up in pain, and it's never gone away. The pain is located in my muscles and ligaments, including the plantar fascia which is the worst pain spot. I started to work out a lot in an effort to get rid of it, but no matter what I did the pain was always there and was always the same. I stopped working out when I damaged my right bicep tendon during a lift.

Yesterday I was researching online about fibromyalgia medications and found something called SAM-e. It seems promising. But knowing my extreme sensitivity to chemicals [this is a symptom of fibro], I went into this very cautiously. I bought a package of SAM-e and cut one pill in half before taking it just to make sure I didn't overdose myself.

My first impression of the effect of the pill was stomach pain spreading across the upper part of my abdomen. It wasn't severe, but it went on for hours and hours. Eventually I fell asleep while suffering from this gastric distress. But I spent the entire night waking up from bizarre dreams and physical feelings, for example, something was pressing on my chin although there was nothing to cause it. I woke up in the morning with a mild migraine that was cured with ibuprophen.

I don't know what to do now. Should I continue taking SAM-e in even lower doses? Or should I take it back to GNC and get my money back? I do seem to feel better physically, in terms of muscle and tendon pain.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If I'm going to trip on drugs, I try and make them actual hallucinogens. Much better results that way.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If I'm going to trip on drugs, I try and make them actual hallucinogens. Much better results that way.
    I think I was having body hallucinations all night.

I wouldn't continue taking something that gave me abdominal pain.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I wouldn't continue taking something that gave me abdominal pain.
    True.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I had a kidney stone a few weeks ago. Unaccustomed as I am to experiencing that degree of pain in that part of my abdomen, I asked my wife to drive me to the ER at around 11:00 pm.

I told the male nurse that the pain level was 2 - 4 out of 10 (using that silly "faces of pain" method of determining degrees of pain). I heard the next day that the doctor called me a very brave patient because kidney stones have a bad rep of being very painful. But I'll tell you what - nothing hurt that night like having the IV needle taken out of my wrist by the male nurse when I was ready to leave 3 hours later. I would rather have kidney stones every day of my life than to have an IV needle taken out of the side of my wrist by that male nurse even once in my lifetime.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My latest 'drug-tripping adventure' has involved something new to me which is abbreviated SAM-E. This drug with a rather complicated name is primarily a mood enhancer. Although GNC sells this product at an enormous price, I have found a supply of it that costs only 50 cents a day when taken at my present dose of 200 mg p.d.

This drug hasn't caused me any side-effects. Strangely enough, while I find it to be rather beneficial yet innocuous, two employees at local stores have told me that they don't sell very much of it. I think this is because it is really expensive (especially at GNC), and stores end up selling off extra stock at cost.

Maybe it's so expensive because it is one of the few drugs I have taken that don't do too much - that doesn't cause various symptoms such as hallucinations, low libido, flat affect, restless leg syndrome, severe itching, extreme agitation, extreme nausea, extreme headaches, drug dependence, nightmares, joint damage, extreme yawning while driving (making me a possible threat to others on the road), hyperventilation, and euphoria.

The euphoria which I experienced back in 2012 was interesting, but to live with that amount of euphoria all the time would constitute a severe mental illness. Imagine being utterly fascinated by everything in your perceptual world as if it were a brand new experience every single time you re-experienced it. It sounds nice and pleasant but it's really dysfunctional.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Today I visited the Sinus/Allergy center. I am allergic to 39/50 items they allergy-tested for.
    Last edited by Mal12345; 09-23-2015 at 07:25 PM.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

SAM-E!