User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default curious about your relationship to food

SO what is it? is it normal is it fucked up is it just eh?

I have an interesting relationship with food. I usually eat very little maybe a can of ravioli a day and than binge on junk at night. except on days i go shopping than i eat til i puke. I prefer the aroma of food over the taste, I like looking at food, but i prefer to do that. I'll cook/bake just for the smell. I have to make lists when i go to the store or else i'll just buy enough food for lunches and nothing for breakfast or dinner. last time i went to the store before this time i spent 40 and the food was meant to last me a week
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I have trouble being consistent with food. I can go all day without eating sometimes and then other days I'm insatiable and binge. Luckily I was blessed with a fast metabolism so I don't have to worry about it too much.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm very easily satisfied with it, and consequently quite lazy. If I cook a meal with 2 or more side-dishes I feel like a wizard.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

depends on how I feel really, which sucks because I really need to eat a lot more food than I manage in order to avoid disappearing thanks to the amount of exercise I get

food fascinates me though... everything about it really. I love reading recipe books or descriptions of food, cooking food, shopping for food, watching programs about food and talking about food as well. I can be perfectly content for hours at a time reading a recipe book and imagining how the food would taste
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Most of the time, it is just, ehhhhhhhh.

I do have favorite types of foods, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Food is all right. Sometimes it's nice, but I don't feel a great sense of satisfaction when I eat. Still, sometimes I'd crave pizza, but I usually feel worse when I finally eat it.

I like liquids a lot though, so I love tea, sugared tea, iced tea, milk tea (though I can't seem to drink that anymore), juice, soy milk, hot chocolate, frappe. Everything!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

I used to be so picky as a kid, but over the years I have come to have a deep appreciation for the range of foods we humans have cultivated and created. I really enjoy preparing and eating wholesome and well-balanced (and delicious!) food. Sometimes life gets so busy that I don't cook for a couple days. Once things have calmed down again, then it's something I find so relaxing and satisfying, my "me time" or something like that.

In a way see it as fuel for my body... better fuel = better performance, higher quality of life for me
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I. Love. Food.

I love everything about food. I love looking at ingredients and imagining what they'll become in the form of a cooked dish. I love the process of cooking the food. I love admiring the finished product as it awaits distribution between plates. And, of course, I love eating it.

I'm very serious about eating enough every day. I only sometimes forget to eat, and when I do, I feel noticeably worse, almost physically ill. Plus, I love food/eating so much that most of the time, it doesn't feel like an inconvenience when I do eat. Even if I'm swamped with work, I consider meals to be mental health breaks in the midst of a stressful day.

I was overweight for a little while in my early teens before I dropped 15 pounds, and I believe I'm a endomorph (though I never took the test) -- so, I don't exactly have a small stomach or a limited appetite. Because of that, I try to calculate my food intake based on what will fill me up.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

There are few things I indulge in cloyingly, but food and sex are them. I like carbs and fats, creamy foods and sensually seasoned foods. I don't like fruits as much as I like raw/cooked veggies. I like my meals hearty.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love food. I don't like to eat a lot at any one time or eat a lot of the same thing, but I enjoy eating tasty food and I need to eat often. If I don't eat often enough I get shaky and cranky and I start making stupid mistakes like locking my keys in the car or going the wrong way on a one way street in my home town. The problem I run into more than anything is that I like crappy food as well as healthy food and sometimes more. I love fried foods and southern-style cooking and loads of salt. I don't enjoy cooking all that much or rather I hate cleaning the mess left from cooking, but I've gotten pretty competent at it out of necessity.

I am kind of hit and miss and miss with cooking. I tend to double and triple recipes so that I can freeze and reheat stuff I make and don't have to cook quite as much. We are working on reducing the amount of crappy prepared foods we eat with varying progress. We spend a couple hundred a week give or take, but there are six of us.

I need to reduce my calories by a few hundred a day and eat more fruits and vegetables, but otherwise I think my relationship with food is fairly healthy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers