• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

curious about your relationship to food

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
SO what is it? is it normal is it fucked up is it just eh?

I have an interesting relationship with food. I usually eat very little maybe a can of ravioli a day and than binge on junk at night. except on days i go shopping than i eat til i puke. I prefer the aroma of food over the taste, I like looking at food, but i prefer to do that. I'll cook/bake just for the smell. I have to make lists when i go to the store or else i'll just buy enough food for lunches and nothing for breakfast or dinner. last time i went to the store before this time i spent 40 and the food was meant to last me a week

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have trouble being consistent with food. I can go all day without eating sometimes and then other days I'm insatiable and binge. Luckily I was blessed with a fast metabolism so I don't have to worry about it too much.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm very easily satisfied with it, and consequently quite lazy. If I cook a meal with 2 or more side-dishes I feel like a wizard.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
depends on how I feel really, which sucks because I really need to eat a lot more food than I manage in order to avoid disappearing thanks to the amount of exercise I get :dry:

food fascinates me though... everything about it really. I love reading recipe books or descriptions of food, cooking food, shopping for food, watching programs about food and talking about food as well. I can be perfectly content for hours at a time reading a recipe book and imagining how the food would taste :holy:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the time, it is just, ehhhhhhhh.

I do have favorite types of foods, though.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Food is all right. Sometimes it's nice, but I don't feel a great sense of satisfaction when I eat. Still, sometimes I'd crave pizza, but I usually feel worse when I finally eat it.

I like liquids a lot though, so I love tea, sugared tea, iced tea, milk tea (though I can't seem to drink that anymore), juice, soy milk, hot chocolate, frappe. Everything!

gromit

likes this
I used to be so picky as a kid, but over the years I have come to have a deep appreciation for the range of foods we humans have cultivated and created. I really enjoy preparing and eating wholesome and well-balanced (and delicious!) food. Sometimes life gets so busy that I don't cook for a couple days. Once things have calmed down again, then it's something I find so relaxing and satisfying, my "me time" or something like that.

In a way see it as fuel for my body... better fuel = better performance, higher quality of life for me

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I. Love. Food.

I love everything about food. I love looking at ingredients and imagining what they'll become in the form of a cooked dish. I love the process of cooking the food. I love admiring the finished product as it awaits distribution between plates. And, of course, I love eating it. :heart:

I'm very serious about eating enough every day. I only sometimes forget to eat, and when I do, I feel noticeably worse, almost physically ill. Plus, I love food/eating so much that most of the time, it doesn't feel like an inconvenience when I do eat. Even if I'm swamped with work, I consider meals to be mental health breaks in the midst of a stressful day.

I was overweight for a little while in my early teens before I dropped 15 pounds, and I believe I'm a endomorph (though I never took the test) -- so, I don't exactly have a small stomach or a limited appetite. Because of that, I try to calculate my food intake based on what will fill me up.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are few things I indulge in cloyingly, but food and sex are them. I like carbs and fats, creamy foods and sensually seasoned foods. I don't like fruits as much as I like raw/cooked veggies. I like my meals hearty.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love food. I don't like to eat a lot at any one time or eat a lot of the same thing, but I enjoy eating tasty food and I need to eat often. If I don't eat often enough I get shaky and cranky and I start making stupid mistakes like locking my keys in the car or going the wrong way on a one way street in my home town. The problem I run into more than anything is that I like crappy food as well as healthy food and sometimes more. I love fried foods and southern-style cooking and loads of salt. I don't enjoy cooking all that much or rather I hate cleaning the mess left from cooking, but I've gotten pretty competent at it out of necessity.

I am kind of hit and miss and miss with cooking. I tend to double and triple recipes so that I can freeze and reheat stuff I make and don't have to cook quite as much. We are working on reducing the amount of crappy prepared foods we eat with varying progress. We spend a couple hundred a week give or take, but there are six of us.

I need to reduce my calories by a few hundred a day and eat more fruits and vegetables, but otherwise I think my relationship with food is fairly healthy.

V

violaine

I like it and like being creative with cooking. I have always loved to cook. But I think of it as fuel. I only like it to be on my mind in that salivatory way if my guy is cooking something special or we are going out to a restaurant I love. Otherwise I prefer fresh and nutritious.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love food too but i can be terribly lazy about it if by myself and will opt to just have cereal or cheese and crackers or something for dinner when i'm alone.

i'd rather not eat then eat something i'm not in the mood for. i'm not one of those people who'll just make whatevers in the kitchen. i will seriously just blow it off if i don't feel like going anywhere.

i do like picking food up from my favorite restaurants and did all the time when i lived in dallas but here the food is...just...mostly blah.
i mean...i'll cook for my family or boyfriend...i just don't like cooking for myself.

hmm...i feel like i'm not answering the actual question....so sorry if that's true.

I love food and I enjoy cooking and trying new things.

I have a tendency towards stress, emotional, and boredom eating that I don't like though.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im kinda particular about food. I get cravings and that thing is all I can think about until its satisfied. Then once I get it I'm pretty whatever about eating. I forget to eat alot, actually. I do love to cook, though. :)

93JC

As I said in your thread "Do you get bored with eating?":

For the most part eating is a mean to an end for me. I eat so that I don't become malnourished and die. It's not something I enjoy in and of itself.

I am a very picky eater. On the whole I would say I do not like most food. The smell, the taste, the texture; I find a lot of it repulsive. Why this is I couldn't tell you. Some psychological product of a screwed-up upbringing? Some sort of physiological defect? I have no idea. I can't point to any particular instance in my childhood that spurred this on. In fact I remember eating all sorts of things when I was four or five years old that I wouldn't eat now.

My relationship with food is fine. Not 'normal', but fine. My relationships with people because of my relationship with food are not always great. There is a lot of cultural pressure to eat whatever is placed in front of you, with some allowances for your preferences, and that is difficult to skirt around without avoiding the situations entirely. I don't have an answer for the question "chicken or fish?" My real answer is neither.

The worst are the people who feel personally insulted because I won't eat their food. It's nothing personal on my end, but that's how it seems to them. I'm stuck in a middle ground where I can't just explain "I don't like the dish you've cooked." I can't say "Would you prefer I begrudgingly ate some of it? I can't fake enjoying it, and I'm not going to enjoy it." So some people just hate me because I won't eat their food.

I rarely eat meals at restaurants, and nobody ever invites me over for dinner. I don't mind that in so far as I don't care for the food :)laugh:) but it very obviously limits my social life, which sucks!

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Food scares me a little. If I eat what normal college kids do, I turn into a blob of lard and feel super sick, no matter how exercise I get. If I eat only healthy foods, I wind up either not getting enough calories (I suck at volumetric eating) or feeling really emotional. It's complicated.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
depends on how I feel really, which sucks because I really need to eat a lot more food than I manage in order to avoid disappearing thanks to the amount of exercise I get :dry:

wow. you're the outlier.

i have a pretty normal relationship with food. it gives me pleasure and i enjoy eating nice things. i also like cooking, although not all of the time, and i enjoy having regular schedules and eating reasonably healthy things. i eat more or less anything, even if i dont like it because that's how i was raised. but i get cravings sometimes... i like chocolate...i like salty things...like wine... i like drinking a lot i guess, all sorts of things, i think i prefer it to eating, which can be boring sometimes.

to OP, i dont think you have very healthy eating standards.... i'd be worried...!?

kfarb

Up until this time last year, I had a very unhealthy relationship with food and had all but ruined my metabolism with 1200-calorie diets, overeating carbs and fat with very little protein in my diet, and subsisting on "healthy" processed vegan junk. I've never been big on fast food and typical junk food though, just binging on starches mostly.

I gave up being vegan, started actually eating protein, and realized that I was satisfied after meals and didn't feel the need to constantly snack. Now my relationship to food and cooking is very basic - I eat to live. I cook big batches of brown rice/potatoes, boiled eggs, fresh veggies and lean meats and eat them for a few days with fruits and healthy fats thrown in. I have no passion when it comes to cooking, it's purely a necessity for me. Living this way is also nice because no one else eats my food - it's either raw and they're too lazy to cook it, or it's cooked but so plain and boring that it's unappetizing. :)

Lately, I'm following LeanGains which is a heavy lifting program plus eating clean in an 8-hour window. I like just having coffee in the morning and maybe a piece of fruit and an egg at around 11, then eating as much as I want for lunch and dinner. I can now eat up to 2,000 calories on a workout day and still not gain weight, and it. is. awesome.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I go through periods of not eating anything, to eating a lot. (At least I think it's a lot) Everyone always says I should eat more but I'm like wut?