User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

However, I do have a diabetes type 2 wife, and the dizziness symptom you describe sounds like a blood sugar issue.
    Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (I've been tested for diabetes several times in my life because of this). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (this is why I get tested for diabetes a lot). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.
    can the same test, test for hypoglycemia?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (I've been tested for diabetes several times in my life because of this). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.
    Right, diabetes is caused from under-active or non-active pancreas. Yours sounds over-active, as I said, creating hypoglycemia.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    can the same test, test for hypoglycemia?
    I really have no idea if you can tell using the same test--you'd think they would have said something if I had low blood sugar, but maybe having hypoglycemia is tested differently, IDK. I will be looking into it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I'm annoying.

Never grew out of childhood pickiness, roaring metabolism. Very exacting about not just having enough to eat, but the right balance of nutrients; I am very sensitive to when something is missing.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Food and I are like peas and carrots. I think people ought to love the things that are important to them--and what's more important than energy!?

I like fresh, cooked, well-made food.. sometimes unhealthy, most of the time I like healthy food though. Fresh fruits, crisp veggies, pickled delights, snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts.. they all rock the casbah.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Food and I are like peas and carrots. I think people ought to love the things that are important to them--and what's more important than energy!?

I like fresh, cooked, well-made food.. sometimes unhealthy, most of the time I like healthy food though. Fresh fruits, crisp veggies, pickled delights, snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts.. they all rock the casbah.
    THIS IS NOT KOSHER!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    THIS IS NOT KOSHER!
    Neither is that horsemeat I'm eating from Aldi's but I'm okay with that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    It's different for everyone, but I know it's common for people to get into the habit of skipping breakfast, being starving by time they eat, and then overeating later in the day. Something to stick to you in the morning can help hunger come on more gradually and naturally for those people, leading to more balanced eating patterns.
    It's weird...eating breakfast seems to kick-start my hunger as opposed to not eating anything. In fact, cereal in particular has always seemed to make me way hungrier after eating it. Not skipping lunch I understand, but breakfast? Ehhh.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It's weird...eating breakfast seems to kick-start my hunger as opposed to not eating anything. In fact, cereal in particular has always seemed to make me way hungrier after eating it. Not skipping lunch I understand, but breakfast? Ehhh.
    I experience exactly the same.