• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Exercise neednt be boring

R

Riva

Luckily I like exercising. Esp weight lifting. Even when i'm not at the gym I think of ways to improve my workout. I've made progress too but not as much as I want. Anyway at firt it was hard getting myself to go to the gym. Then I allocated a time to workout and even if I wasted a few minutes of that time I would still exercise for the remaining period. This way it became a habit than a task and before long I started feel shitty if I couldn't workout.
I've never been able to stick to an exercise regime before. I've been doing yoga for about a year now (by far the longest I've stuck with any kind of exercise routine), and for me the non-competitive nature and focus on looking inward (something my weak Si is definitely in need of) has helped me enjoy it and feel good about myself while doing it without feeling downtrodden by it.
Has it helped to lose weight or is there any other type of progress.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is why I like to have a trainer or someone else along with me when I train: It's becomes a competition.

My trainer says "Do X sets of Y" and I'll think, "Yeah...I'll work the SHIT out of those sets!!!"

It's becomes a personal game of "How many of his/her hoops can I jump through?" and I always feel an immense set of pride when I can pull it all off.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has it helped to lose weight or is there any other type of progress.

I do vinyasa yoga, which is fast-paced and meant to give a cardio workout. I was underweight when I started practicing though, so for me, it's been helpful in building strength, endurance, balance, and flexibility. I do burn about 450 calories for every hour-long class, though, so it could definitely help someone lose weight if that were their goal.

Mole

Permabanned
I am never bored exercising for I exercise for emotional and spiritual reasons. So I am constantly aware of how a particular exercise is affecting my feelings and thoughts. How can I be bored? I would have to be bored with my feelings and thoughts.