User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 77

  1. #31
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It's more just about how the weight in your body is distributed you can be overweight in all 3 categories technically.
    Huh? The diagram in the OP doesn't talk about weight distribution at all, it talks about how easy it is to put on/lose fat/muscle (both don't really change for me so I dunno...does that mean mesomorph?).

    How does distribution fit in?
    -end of thread-

  2. #32
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    hourglass female's are endomorphs
    haha. nevermind. It can be either type. I mistakenly thought that most hourglass figured women were mesomorphs (like a defining feature).

    Based off this site,

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

    But different sites have conflicting info so who knows?

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Huh? The diagram in the OP doesn't talk about weight distribution at all, it talks about how easy it is to put on/lose fat/muscle (both don't really change for me so I dunno...does that mean mesomorph?).

    How does distribution fit in?
    Weight distribution to lower parts of body are an indicator of endomorph (stomach and hips) while distribution to the shoulders and upper thighs are mesomorph you can see it by looking at the pictures.That's why i think really skinny and curvy people are actually endomorphs instead of ectomorphs. I know quite a few women mesomorphs they don't look particularly "muscular" but you can see they have broader thighs and shoulders.

  4. #34
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Weight distribution to lower parts of body are an indicator of endomorph (stomach and hips) while distribution to the shoulders and upper thighs are mesomorph you can see it by looking at the pictures.That's why i think really skinny and curvy people are actually endomorphs instead of ectomorphs. I know quite a few women mesomorphs they don't look particularly "muscular" but you can see they have broader thighs and shoulders.
    Muscular thighs and calves, average (???) shoulders, average hips, average stomach = ?? I don't know where I put weight on because I never lose/gain more than 10 lbs and it seems to spread pretty evenly. Depending on the site you ask I am hourglass, pear or banana shaped - pretty average build, but closer to sturdy than waifish structure.

    Can you post pics of women fitting these categories (that are not just skinny/fat/muscular)? I'm not convinced I really fit into any of the categories. Is there an actual rationale for these categories or what?
    -end of thread-

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Muscular thighs and calves, average (???) shoulders, average hips, average stomach = ?? I don't know where I put weight on because I never lose/gain more than 10 lbs and it seems to spread pretty evenly. Depending on the site you ask I am hourglass, pear or banana shaped - pretty average build, but closer to sturdy than waifish structure.

    Can you post pics of women fitting these categories (that are not just skinny/fat/muscular)? I'm not convinced I really fit into any of the categories. Is there an actual rationale for these categories or what?
    How bout you post a picture of yourself? :P pear shape is endomorph which is thicker lower body and smaller shoulders.Anna kournicova is a mesomorph I think maybe an "ecto-meso". Mesomorphs are typical Athletes.

  6. #36
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I was thinking the same, closest might be meso....but not really.
    Yeah..... is there a such thing as an endo-ecto? I think that's what I am. I don't really gain muscle, tend to be pear shaped, but I'm also sort of small-framed, even though I'm currently not skinny.

  7. #37
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    In all honesty, #5 probably looks the most like me. So I'm "fat." There I've said it.

    Somatotype, mostly endomorph with a little mesomorph thrown in. I mostly just stay the same weight but have an easier time gaining than losing.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  8. #38
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    endo-meso

  9. #39

    Default

    Meso atm. But I have leaned endo and ecto at times.

  10. #40
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    haha. nevermind. It can be either type. I mistakenly thought that most hourglass figured women were mesomorphs (like a defining feature).

    Based off this site,

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

    But different sites have conflicting info so who knows?
    Hm, according to this I'm a mesomorph (2.17). But I'm not muscular even in the slightest. Is that possible?

Similar Threads

  1. What is your current desktop background?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 10:01 PM
  2. What is your peace?
    By labyrinthine in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
  3. The New Seven Deadly Sins- Courtesy of the Pope - do you agree and what is your list?
    By Geoff in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO