User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Meso-ecto. I think I'am at the center of 154 and 163 on the Sheldon's triangle.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Ecto-mes aka normal.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Makes sense, assuming ectomorphs have a faster metabolism. However, Sheldon's somatotype theory's been dismissed by doctors/researchers for ages now.
    Still a fun theory to toy with, but I imagine a lot of highly specific, genetically based factors would still affect how someone gains/loses muscle or fat. Like someone with ectomorph characteristics may assume eating more before bed will help prevent them from losing muscle through the night, but they might just become obese instead, because their metabolism wasn't particularly any faster than the others, to begin with.

I'm sure some of the basic framing of the theory might have some utility, though. Long as people pay attention to how their bodies truly are, vs how they expect them to be, based on misconceptions around their own 'type.' Ha, this sounds familiar.
    I kinda see what you're saying but I think it's just a general framework kinda of like how typology is in a way. I find the descriptions fit me well because I do indeed gain fat easily if i just sit on my ass. I find cardio helps alot for me and I tend to gain muscle rather easily if I work out.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I kinda see what you're saying but I think it's just a general framework kinda of like how typology is in a way. I find the descriptions fit me well because I do indeed gain fat easily if i just sit on my ass. I find cardio helps alot for me and I tend to gain muscle rather easily if I work out.
    @bold- haha yeah, that's why I said "this sounds familiar."

Overall, we're probably on or near the same page, actually; just a matter of semantics.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's hard to say what mesomorph would be for women since none of us really gain muscle bulk "easily". Am I a mesomorph because I have muscular legs without working out and a fairly sturdy frame, endomorph because I could stand to lose 10 lbs of stomach fat (in between 3 and 4 on the chart linked above), ectomorph because I have an insane appetite and eat more food than most 6'+ men I know without my weight increasing? I have no idea.

If pressed I'd probably say mesomorph, but I don't know if there's much validity to dividing people into those 3 groups in the first place.
    -end of thread-

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It's hard to say what mesomorph would be for women since none of us really gain muscle bulk "easily". Am I a mesomorph because I have muscular legs without working out and a fairly sturdy frame, endomorph because I could stand to lose 10 lbs of stomach fat (in between 3 and 4 on the chart linked above), ectomorph because I have an insane appetite and eat more food than most 6'+ men I know without my weight increasing? I have no idea.

If pressed I'd probably say mesomorph, but I don't know if there's much validity to dividing people into those 3 groups in the first place.
    I thought "pure" female mesomorphs tended to be the stereotypical "hourglass" with balanced body proportions.

Infinite Bubble

Uber-ectomorph. It has always been very difficult for me to put on weight, but incredibly easy to lose it.

WALMART

Mesomorph. I've been told I "don't take advantage of my build" by multiple people, which is true.

Working on it!
    Last edited by WALMART; 07-12-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wtf

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I thought "pure" female mesomorphs tended to be the stereotypical "hourglass" with balanced body proportions.
    hourglass female's are endomorphs

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

It's more just about how the weight in your body is distributed you can be overweight in all 3 categories technically.