User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'd be interested in finding out so i can adjust my workout/eating habits.
    From what I've seen of you, you should be either an ecto or a meso it all depends. Do you find it harder to gain muscle or to lose fat?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I haven't actively tried to "gain" muscle. I'm a tall/thin/lanky female. So bulking up wasn't ever an interest (I already feel like a beast as it is due to my height & a distorted perception of my figure, haha). If I'm active, I get fairly lean looking, which looks more toned (bicycling for travel, push/situps were the only exercise I'd do). When I've been less active for extended periods, my size doesn't change/I don't gain weight, but I do become a little softer, will lose some definition I had. When active, I don't think I have trouble strengthening what muscle I do have, though. That's all that's important for me, really. Protecting joints, etc.

A couple of my exes were similarly built (ecto), & those who did actively try to gain muscle had trouble compared to their meso/endo friends. One tried to supplement working out with high protein shakes.. they were vile & didn't seem to help, much. /shrug
    Protein shakes are delicious for the most part and are suppose to be good for ecto's trying to gain muscle. It sounds like ectomorphs should be eating before they go to bed to avoid losing muscle mass.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    From what I've seen of you, you should be either an ecto or a meso it all depends. Do you find it harder to gain muscle or to lose fat?
    Makes sense, assuming ectomorphs have a faster metabolism. However, Sheldon's somatotype theory's been dismissed by doctors/researchers for ages now.
    Still a fun theory to toy with, but I imagine a lot of highly specific, genetically based factors would still affect how someone gains/loses muscle or fat. Like someone with ectomorph characteristics may assume eating more before bed will help prevent them from losing muscle through the night, but they might just become obese instead, because their metabolism wasn't particularly any faster than the others, to begin with.

I'm sure some of the basic framing of the theory might have some utility, though. Long as people pay attention to how their bodies truly are, vs how they expect them to be, based on misconceptions around their own 'type.' Ha, this sounds familiar.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Enneagram
    9w8

I think I would be a mesomorph [8]. I'm small but very solid and muscular.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Probably ectomorph but it's hard to say because I've never tried to gain any muscle. I've been thin my whole life though. But kind of a skinny-fat.. Again probably due to my habits though.

Yes, Jung's psychological types were to complement the somatic types.

And the somatic types Jung chose to complement were Aryan, Asian, Negro and Jew.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

None of those look remotely like me.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    None of those look remotely like me.
    I was thinking the same, closest might be meso....but not really.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    hmm...I feel like I can do both relatively easy but maybe losing weight is harder than gaining muscle. not that I've ever been super muscly but I can feel the difference just after a week of weight training.

but i have a pretty small frame like an ectomorph...i'm just not sure my metabolism is as high. i can definitely gain weight.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

I am a meso-ecto (according to the personal trainer, I am straight up ectomorph). I am pretty thin with some curviness with my bust-waist-hip ratio (not stick straight) but have a really small butt and chest. From the chart, I am combo of 1 and 8. Also, technically 10 lbs underweight for my height but I look more muscular than emaciated.