User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default My Recent Illness - SOLVED!

I saw a "doctor" (PA) a day after reporting to the forum about a mysterious illness that threatened to send me to the ER. After reporting my symptoms, this "doctor" diagnosed me with an upper and lower respiratory infection (i.e., head and chest cold), and then pushed me out the door with a prescription for a few ounces of codeine cough syrup.

Two weeks later, I'm still sick.

Today I went back to the same clinic, a different "doctor" (PA again) this time, who diagnosed bronchitis.

According to the internet, my symptoms from two weeks ago today indicate that it was asthmatic bronchitis. But the asthma has settled down to simple bronchitis.

This "doctor" (or PA, which is some kind of fake doctor), pushed me out the door with a Rx for antibiotics, and nothing for the hoarse cough.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    9w8

Mal, it looks like your chest has a face on it and you have no neck or head. Maybe that's contributing to the illness?

Seriously, though, I do hope you feel better soon.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Mal, it looks like your chest has a face on it and you have no neck or head. Maybe that's contributing to the illness?

Seriously, though, I do hope you feel better soon.
    Lol, thanks, it's just very hard to find a real doctor around here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Lol, thanks, it's just very hard to find a real doctor around here.
    I know what you mean. I live in a rural community and sometimes, I wish the vet would just see me. She's the best doctor around and reasonably priced. She has a higher recovery rate than our local hospital, but alas, she only caters to four-legged critters.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I know what you mean. I live in a rural community and sometimes, I wish the vet would just see me. She's the best doctor around and reasonably priced. She has a higher recovery rate than our local hospital, but alas, she only caters to four-legged critters.
    I guess squeezing into a dog crate instead of a hospital bed and swallowing some dewormer would be worth it then.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I guess squeezing into a dog crate instead of a hospital bed and swallowing some dewormer would be worth it then.
    LOL!

Actually, it might be! I mean I'm sort of petite and very limber, so a crate would be no big deal to me. The dewormer, I mean hey, it's got to taste better than our hospital food here!

So, how about it,
    Mal
    ? You up for a visit to a vet way out in the middle of nowhere? I mean since you don't have a head, you could fit into a crate, too. We could pass dog biscuits between our crate bars. Since I'm not sick right now, I'd just be there for comic relief and you'd either get better or laugh yourself to death.