• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Vice is...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Dr. Pepper.

I've got to stop drinking that stuff.

My sifu has a coniption fit everytime he sees a soda bottle; that's not the reason I should stop drinking it, I know, but still, when a 6'2", 211 pound barefoot lunatic ENTP has a coniption fit, it's not a pretty sight. He gets awfully long-winded, too, and the health food sermon could last for hours.

I do great so long as I'm not around a soda machine, can go for days without one, but as soon as I see a Dr. Pepper dispenser, I want one. Argh, it must be psychological or something.

All things in moderation. I won't allow myself more than one a day, but still...I'd be better off with none a day.

Anyone else have a food vice?

I guess I could put blinders on when I pass the machine, yet I find myself making excuses to go down that hall and since I'm done that way already and there just happens to be some change in my pocket....

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just a fact check, the fda would say 1 Dr. Pepper a day is too many, and they're pretty lax. Your ENTP sounds kind of awesome.

My vice? Bourbon ball ice cream from Graeter's, really. Is there anything redeeming about it? I just get such horrible cravings for it. Also, getting a cookie at Whole Foods. I actually started going out of my way to go in the other door so I can't even see the display, because if I do I have to buy "just one, just this time" every time.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have several unhealthy non-food vices, but i really can't control myself if there's a pint of ben & jerry's in the house. it's just not going to make it overnight, and i don't want to share it with anyone either. also fruit roll-ups or gushers turn me into a fiend, i will eat the whole box within a few minutes.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, you're right, Brio, about the sodas. I know it, just like my sifu. And, yeah, I guess he is pretty awesome, if you don't mind the fact that he almost never stops talking, looks like a Viking and tends to be a little bit sadistic. Haha. Truth be told, I respect him a lot.

And bourbon ball ice cream...yum. I can totally understand your vice!

[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION], yours, too. Ice cream once in a great while is like a reward though. I do let myself have ice cream about once a month!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Soda for me, too. We've let the kids get used to one soda a day and as long as it's in the house I will drink it. I didn't want to deal with the disgruntlement so I am giving them a $5/ea/wk allowance to buy soda if they want, but they have to walk to the gas station or store to get it themselves. It's working out pretty well so far and it's been the better part of a week, I think, since I had a soda. I'm allowing myself to have soda when I go out to eat, but last time we went out I had iced tea.

I also love ramen noodles, which are terrible, and really, I just love salt. I can eat sea salt by itself. I almost never do, but I like it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION]Café [/MENTION]

A week? You're doing really great! [I'm cheering you on here.
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
From my experience, boys eat the food! haha.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION]Café [/MENTION]

A week? You're doing really great! [I'm cheering you on here.
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
From my experience, boys eat the food! haha.

But when you're trying to get the boys, a big belly doesn't really help. :p

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ahaha. I opened your thread and was like "GAAAHH :hands of "Iknowrite?!:"
Dr. Pepper used to be one of my greatest vices. I actually just finished one now that I bought yesterday. It's decreased a lot. Lately I find that macaroni and cheese is my undoing. I think it's the fact that I have been lazy and it has been easy. Easy foods slay me, because I really don't know how to cook/ don't enjoy cooking for a long period of time to only eat for a few minutes. I need to shop and be more creative.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chocolate.

I miss my chocolate *sigh*

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
But when you're trying to get the boys, a big belly doesn't really help. :p

Oh, haha...so that's what you meant! You have no idea what kinds of mental images ran through my mind when I first read your post.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Ahaha. I opened your thread and was like "GAAAHH :hands of "Iknowrite?!:"
Dr. Pepper used to be one of my greatest vices. I actually just finished one now that I bought yesterday. It's decreased a lot. Lately I find that macaroni and cheese is my undoing. I think it's the fact that I have been lazy and it has been easy. Easy foods slay me, because I really don't know how to cook/ don't enjoy cooking for a long period of time to only eat for a few minutes. I need to shop and be more creative.

I applaud you for kicking the Dr. Pepper habit! Oooh...maybe just replace the mac and cheese with whole grain noodles? Might work.

Armagith, chocolate is a food group. hehe.

W

WALMART

I'll eat until I feel like I'm going to throw up.

My favorite instances of life occur when there are immeasurable amounts of food, free for the taking.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I applaud you for kicking the Dr. Pepper habit! Oooh...maybe just replace the mac and cheese with whole grain noodles? Might work.

Armagith, chocolate is a food group. hehe.

No, it isn't.

It is the food of the gods. The ultimate Ambrosia. The only food worth having :heart:

Oh Chocolate, How I love Thee...let me count the ways :drool:

:D

G

Glycerine

Almost any form of deep-fried chicken (actually pretty much any deep fried salty food). Also, popcorn and potato chips. I can resist but I want it all the time. Sometimes I hate being on a "diet".

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'll eat until I feel like I'm going to throw up.
My favorite instances of life occur when there are immeasurable amounts of food, free for the taking.

I just gotta know. Are you a member of my family? Haha. Cause that sounds just like my family.

No, it isn't.

It is the food of the gods. The ultimate Ambrosia. The only food worth having

Oh Chocolate, How I love Thee...let me count the ways

Ha! You'll get no arguments from me on that one and I'm absolutely sure that dark chocolate is good for me!

Yes, I do the same and I feel the same. Nothing's better than buffets.

That's still because you're a kitty cat:) and I have 8 of them, so I know they love buffets, especially "see food" buffets.

Almost any form of deep-fried chicken (actually pretty much any deep fried salty food). Also, popcorn and potato chips. I can resist but I want it all the time. Sometimes I hate being on a "diet".

Maybe allow yourself one thing a week?