User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: My Vice is...

Enneagram
    9w8

Default My Vice is...

Dr. Pepper.

I've got to stop drinking that stuff.

My sifu has a coniption fit everytime he sees a soda bottle; that's not the reason I should stop drinking it, I know, but still, when a 6'2", 211 pound barefoot lunatic ENTP has a coniption fit, it's not a pretty sight. He gets awfully long-winded, too, and the health food sermon could last for hours.

I do great so long as I'm not around a soda machine, can go for days without one, but as soon as I see a Dr. Pepper dispenser, I want one. Argh, it must be psychological or something.

All things in moderation. I won't allow myself more than one a day, but still...I'd be better off with none a day.

Anyone else have a food vice?

I guess I could put blinders on when I pass the machine, yet I find myself making excuses to go down that hall and since I'm done that way already and there just happens to be some change in my pocket....
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Just a fact check, the fda would say 1 Dr. Pepper a day is too many, and they're pretty lax. Your ENTP sounds kind of awesome.

My vice? Bourbon ball ice cream from Graeter's, really. Is there anything redeeming about it? I just get such horrible cravings for it. Also, getting a cookie at Whole Foods. I actually started going out of my way to go in the other door so I can't even see the display, because if I do I have to buy "just one, just this time" every time.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i have several unhealthy non-food vices, but i really can't control myself if there's a pint of ben & jerry's in the house. it's just not going to make it overnight, and i don't want to share it with anyone either. also fruit roll-ups or gushers turn me into a fiend, i will eat the whole box within a few minutes.

Enneagram
    9w8

Oh, you're right, Brio, about the sodas. I know it, just like my sifu. And, yeah, I guess he is pretty awesome, if you don't mind the fact that he almost never stops talking, looks like a Viking and tends to be a little bit sadistic. Haha. Truth be told, I respect him a lot.

And bourbon ball ice cream...yum. I can totally understand your vice!

@chana, yours, too. Ice cream once in a great while is like a reward though. I do let myself have ice cream about once a month!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Boys and food don't mix.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Soda for me, too. We've let the kids get used to one soda a day and as long as it's in the house I will drink it. I didn't want to deal with the disgruntlement so I am giving them a $5/ea/wk allowance to buy soda if they want, but they have to walk to the gas station or store to get it themselves. It's working out pretty well so far and it's been the better part of a week, I think, since I had a soda. I'm allowing myself to have soda when I go out to eat, but last time we went out I had iced tea.

I also love ramen noodles, which are terrible, and really, I just love salt. I can eat sea salt by itself. I almost never do, but I like it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    9w8

@

A week? You're doing really great! [I'm cheering you on here.
    @Vetani
    From my experience, boys eat the food! haha.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @

A week? You're doing really great! [I'm cheering you on here.
    @Vetani
    From my experience, boys eat the food! haha.
    But when you're trying to get the boys, a big belly doesn't really help. :P
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Ahaha. I opened your thread and was like "GAAAHH :hands of "Iknowrite?!:"
    Dr. Pepper used to be one of my greatest vices. I actually just finished one now that I bought yesterday. It's decreased a lot. Lately I find that macaroni and cheese is my undoing. I think it's the fact that I have been lazy and it has been easy. Easy foods slay me, because I really don't know how to cook/ don't enjoy cooking for a long period of time to only eat for a few minutes. I need to shop and be more creative.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Chocolate.

I miss my chocolate *sigh*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”