User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If we put little produce stands no farther than a half mile apart from each other in residential areas, charged people 50 cents (cash or food stamps) a serving or free for kids on the free/reduced lunch program I think we would at least break even in terms long-term costs. We could also provide every public school kid with a bike (wouldn't have to be new, but we would have to provide repair services) and/or a bus pass. More neighborhood pools with free passes for kids on free/reduced lunch and skate parks would give more people access. I think this stuff would work in my area to reduce childhood obesity, although it gets pretty cold in the winter and that keeps a lot people indoors and I'm not sure what to do about those months. Maybe neighborhood community centers with gyms and produce stands operated on an ice cream truck model.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    There is such a thing called "normal weight obesity" (skinny fat) where one can be underweight or of normal weight but have a disproportionate amount of fat compared to lean muscle.

The irony is that the parent company (Unilever) of Dove also owns Axe so I wouldn't put too much stock in the "Real Beauty" Campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Interesting.

It is absurd that the advertising industry thinks the models in that Dove photo are plus-sized. They're not fat! Just because they have some body fat does not make them fat!
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Those women are not fat. Possibly they might be slightly overweight, at least by BMI standards. They're certainly not obese.

Anyway, it's PR bullshit so that they can look like a "company that cares," I wouldn't place too much stock in it.
    I agree it is PR bullshit, but it was the only example of media images of women that aren't especially thin that I could bring to my mind.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    http://pinterest.com/emjoyce/fat-acceptance/
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...c0p3o1_500.jpg
    http://cofc-01.wpengine.netdna-cdn.c...real-women.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ic8etc.png

These are just a few examples. I'm trying to find the stuff that prompted me to start this thread, but following an ENFP's web trail is damn near impossible. It's all mixed in with stuff about leopards and sleep cycles and cute leggings lol
    The third link looks pretty normal along with the statement. The first two don't seem to have a significant following, but are presenting the meme that "body size is not connected to health". It sounds like they are taking what could be a reasonable idea too far.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

This might be more of a personal thing. But I've gotten called "curvy" (True curviness has nothing to do with weight. I have naturally larger breasts and naturally wide hips. If I lost my curves with weight loss, I wouldn't be curvy), been told that if I lost a proper amount of weight I'd look unhealthy, and had all of the fat acceptance excuses made for me. Did the bullying I was subjected to help? No. But fat acceptance helped even less.

For me to get up off of my ass, eat actual vegetables, and lose weight, I needed to stop hearing those excuses. I needed to call myself fat, acknowledge my laziness and overindulgence, and recognize that I had FAILED myself.
    I can understand that, but I think that's a personal decision. I too have had periods in my life where I've been pointedly self-critical when I felt disgust with myself, and so I completely get that mindset, but I think it's the right of each individual to determine when to make that value judgment about themself, not the right of outsiders to decide when an individual needs to change an aspect of their self that has essentially no external impact (divorcing weight from health as two distinct measures) to continue being treated with equal regard and respect.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

can I still avoid them if I accept them?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    The third link looks pretty normal along with the statement. The first two don't seem to have a significant following, but are presenting the meme that "body size is not connected to health". It sounds like they are taking what could be a reasonable idea too far.
    The third link, while the woman is not overweight, is the sort of skinny shaming spread by many overweight people, more often women. "Real women have curves", "Men want meat, bones are for the dog".
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    can I still avoid them if I accept them?
    Why do you avoid them? And how, I might add. They're (we're? not sure if I count anymore) kind of everywhere.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Why do you avoid them? And how, I might add. They're (we're? not sure if I count anymore) kind of everywhere.
    easy. I get little contact with most people to begin with.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    easy. I get little contact with most people to begin with.
    Sounds lonely.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Sounds lonely.
    it does get that way sometimes
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!