User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default Am I the only one?

Who notices awkward smelling chicken? My whole family would be enjoying a meal and I would smell it and would gag at the scent sometimes. For the most part the chicken I eat smells good but there would be batch or a certain kind or type where the chicken smells bad or awkward kinda like the barn it was raised in. I'm guessing it's grain fed or maybe it has been out sitting for too long before it was cooked? I feel bad throwing away food especially meat since the poor animal had to die for the sake of my consumption. I need an answer as to why chicken has a tendency to smell bad or awkward, if anyone knows.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Does the smell vary depending on the brand? Because if that's the case you could stick to a brand with nice-smelling chicken.

Or you could plug your nose as you eat it. It's weird, yeah, but at least you'll be able to finish the chicken instead of throwing it away. I don't like to throw meat away either because something died for me to have a good meal. Plus, I think there are some foods out there you're supposed to eat with your nose plugged so it can't be that silly.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like the way chicken smells either, even when very fresh or already cooked. Smells like feet to me. It has to masked with spices & rubs to not be gross. But I don't like chicken that much.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

WALMART

Haven't had chicken I didn't like yet, in any variance of its form.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Does the smell vary depending on the brand? Because if that's the case you could stick to a brand with nice-smelling chicken.

Or you could plug your nose as you eat it. It's weird, yeah, but at least you'll be able to finish the chicken instead of throwing it away. I don't like to throw meat away either because something died for me to have a good meal. Plus, I think there are some foods out there you're supposed to eat with your nose plugged so it can't be that silly.
    Anything that you have to eat with your nose plugged sounds like something that shouldn't be eaten at all....

MBTI
    yupp

never smelled weird chicken before.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

OMG yes! The smell of raw chicken straight-up makes me gag, and if the chicken is not spiced right I can still smell...that smell, even when it's cooked. It makes me nauseous.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    OMG yes! The smell of raw chicken straight-up makes me gag, and if the chicken is not spiced right I can still smell...that smell, even when it's cooked. It makes me nauseous.
    You know what I'm talking about that "barn" smell, it literally has a "barn" scent to it I can't describe I'm trying to figure out where that smell comes from, not all chickens have it though only some do and it makes me gag.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I used to jog by a supermarket with a hot food bar, and there was a point at which you just got bombarded by the smell of fried chicken. It was sickening, and I always felt like I was going to throw up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Anything that you have to eat with your nose plugged sounds like something that shouldn't be eaten at all....
    But chicken is good for you! So it is something that should be eaten.

Or you could just heat something else up yourself if your stink-senses are tingling. And if they're not, have all the chicken you want!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so