User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post

I don't mind the gym, just the people in it.
    Hah, I still have problems with not giving a fuck about other people at the gym. It is like you're paranoid of people watching you exercise or something. And those people are like, "HEY EVERYONE, look at that guy exercise!"

Most people at the gym really do not care enough for other people exercising though unless it is for something specific. I mean, most of us are there to get fit?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm not worried about them watching me, I just don't like being around them.

MBTI
    yupp

my friend who is big and has body image issues was told by a jerk face who was fit that she didn't belong at the gym. Jerk-face, I mean how else are you suppose to get fit if you don't work out?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What a fucking asshole!! He should lose his membership for that shit!!!

garbage

Nothing worse than people who are way into a hobby denigrating those who aren't as into it

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my friend who is big and has body image issues was told by a jerk face who was fit that she didn't belong at the gym. Jerk-face, I mean how else are you suppose to get fit if you don't work out?
    Yes, it is best to ignore those people.

You can group up with her to exercise, it might be less likely to happen with a partner. Your friend can also do body-weight exercises alone (at home or some place in the open) until she has a better image of her own body to go to the gym. Many of the body-weight exercises, with the exception of pull-ups (can buy your own pull-up bar) and rock-climbing don't require a gym membership. The only time you'd need equipment is when you want to add more weight to your exercises. Other than that, all you need is your body and some discipline in exercising(picking and choosing what part(s) of the body you are trying to target.)

So, if your friend had a bad experience with those people, she can try doing body-weight exercises away from the gym. It shouldn't be a chronic thing, nor should people really be thinking about those things when everyone in there is trying to exercise.

But if it was during the first 3 months after new years, there might of been a reason why people were so rude (usually the most packed with people trying to do their new years resolution or something.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The thing that worked best for me to keep weight off (never really had to lose much, just maintain healthy weight) was aerobics classes. I did traditional high-impact, then switched to step. I liked the predictable schedule and not having to think about the mix or routines; the instructor took care of all that. As for heart rate, no substitute for checking it yourself directly a few times during cardio training, either at the wrist, or (usually easier) at the carotid artery.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Me too! I walk up when no one is looking, whack it with a big stick, and sneak away.
    Lolz. Hey did get the badass tattoo I recommended?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would suggest foruming on a smartphone while you're working out, because foruming on a desktop isn't going to do shit...and it's very hard to walk on a treadmill while posting on a desktop. And they're not really heavy enough anymore to make legitimate weights...but they are awkward.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm thinking I might need to change my eating habits, because I don't think i consume more than 1800 kcals a day, but I consume them all at once. like i don't eat don't eat don't eat starving ravage the fridge
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so