User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

@_eric_, I got my mail-ordered bottle of the aloe vera juice you recommended (wow! big bottle for not much money!), so I'll be trying it out on my mom today. I tried some to see how it tasted and it's not bad. We'll see if I can sneak it by her consistently. She has GERD, so even if it doesn't have the desired effect on her BMs, managing the GERD will be a plus.

@Lexicon, nothing much grosses me out, either. My mom used to work in the ER and she would sometimes tell stories of the patients while we were eating. I don't remember much detail, but I do remember something about someone coming in with their eyeball hanging out of its socket, and something about intestines hanging out. I used to gross out my friends in middle school by relaying these tales during lunch!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post

@Lexicon, nothing much grosses me out, either. My mom used to work in the ER and she would sometimes tell stories of the patients while we were eating. I don't remember much detail, but I do remember something about someone coming in with their eyeball hanging out of its socket, and something about intestines hanging out. I used to gross out my friends in middle school by relaying these tales during lunch!

Reminds me of how I'd find pictures of leprosy patients in the encyclopedia in study hall and quietly show them to my friends, who'd freak out/get scolded for talking.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    XXFP

green smoothies work. make sure to blend it nice and smooth, plenty of leafy greens and a pear gives a nice texture, tastes good, good way to get a salad and fruit into your diet in a couple gulps and makes you poo quite nicely. comes out smooth, but it's not gross or anything and when you wipe it's one wipe clean! that's a clean white square folks. i'm pretty sure that counts as magic.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    green smoothies work. make sure to blend it nice and smooth, plenty of leafy greens and a pear gives a nice texture, tastes good, good way to get a salad and fruit into your diet in a couple gulps and makes you poo quite nicely. comes out smooth, but it's not gross or anything and when you wipe it's one wipe clean! that's a clean white square folks. i'm pretty sure that counts as magic.
    My initial thought was, "mom won't drink it", but maybe I can spoon it to her instead. It's worth a try. What greens do you use?

And lol at the clean white square!

As for the aloe vera juice, mom seems to actually like it in her tea. The bottle said to put it in a cool drink, so I cheat a bit by getting the tea just tepid (instead of warm) and then adding the juice. I think she likes the citrus tang, because that's about all you can really taste (citric acid was used as a preservative). Have only been drinking it for a few days, so no noticeable results yet.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

To help with the 'warm vs cold' thing... Generally it is harder and takes longer to digest cold things. The cold item will remain in your tummy until it is a suitable temperature for the body to digest. Whenever you are dehydrated you really should drink lukewarm to slightly warm water even if it is not as refreshing as cold water.

I also agree with the prune juice, and aloe vera is useful for like a hundred things. I have never used it for digestive problems, but it is a well known remedy for it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

@Bamboo, my first green smoothie was a success! Thanks for the suggestion. I spoon-fed it to my mom and she liked it. It's a good way to get more liquids into her, also, instead of always giving her jello. I was even able to add the aloe vera juice to it. Yay!
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    XXFP

Oh, good!

To answer your question above I typically use raw kale or spinich.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.