User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default Dyeing eyebrows...

    I'm very happy with changing my image, but the one thing I forgot was to dye my eyebrows. I hear that eyebrows are a different type of hair and some people say that they shouldn't be dyed. Is there any truth to this? Could I just use regular hair dye?

  2. #2
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I'm very happy with changing my image, but the one thing I forgot was to dye my eyebrows. I hear that eyebrows are a different type of hair and some people say that they shouldn't be dyed. Is there any truth to this? Could I just use regular hair dye?
    Bad idea.

    #1, if it gets in your eyes, it can fuck you up,
    #2, it'll stain the skin around/underneath, and you'll just look like a retard who took a Sharpie to his face.
    #3, a lot of people with naturally black hair on their heads will have different colored beards/slightly lighter brows. My dad had black hair/brown brows and when he grew a beard when he was out to sea, it was fucking.. red. <-- that degree of contrast is terrible, but overall, it's common for people to have uh, natural color variation. So I wouldn't sweat it if that was the reason you wanted to 'match.'
    #4, there's also a chance the dye might only partially take to the brow hair.. then you'll have tiger-eyebrows.. which.. um..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Bad idea.

    #1, if it gets in your eyes, it can fuck you up,
    #2, it'll stain the skin around/underneath, and you'll just look like a retard who took a Sharpie to his face.
    #3, a lot of people with naturally black hair on their heads will have different colored beards/slightly lighter brows. My dad had black hair/brown brows and when he grew a beard when he was out to sea, it was fucking.. red. <-- that degree of contrast is terrible, but overall, it's common for people to have uh, natural color variation. So I wouldn't sweat it if that was the reason you wanted to 'match.'
    #4, there's also a chance the dye might only partially take to the brow hair.. then you'll have tiger-eyebrows.. which.. um..
    What about using a different color hair dye over the existing dyed hair? My goatee's color doesn't quite match the hair color and I was hoping to change it to match my stylized jet black hair...but unfortunately, the black of my goatee looks a bit too natural.

    And tiger eyebrows sound...cool.

    And if I get black hair dye into my eyes, could my eyes get completely black...like a shark's eyes before they roll over white?

  4. #4
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    What about using a different color hair dye over the existing dyed hair? My goatee's color doesn't quite match the hair color and I was hoping to change it to match my stylized jet black hair...but unfortunately, the black of my goatee looks a bit too natural.
    So you want to change your hair color? Black's a bit of a bitch, but you can try washing it out a few times with Dawn dish soap, if you didn't dye it too long ago. That can fade the color a bit, quickly, if the dye job was recent/depending on the product.

    There's also a product at CVS/Walgreens, etc, that you could try called Color Oops, which will strip out any recent dye you've put in. (recent being within the past 72hrs, if I remember correctly).

    There's a brand of decent dye called Revlon Colorsilk at the same stores mentioned above. If you decide you wanna use that Color Oops stuff (I never tried it but it's got good reviews), to REMOVE the dye presently in there, you can color back over the result with this brand. They have a natural-looking black shade that's a bit less intense. The shade is called "Brown black, #20.




    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I already colored my hair on my head, and I'm happy with it.

    My facial hair, on the orher hand, doesn't match, so thanks for the advice.

    Now the greatest challenge yet: finding a hair dye that doesn't have a woman on the box (makes me seem feminine or gay to the cashier) and isn't Just for Men (which makes me seem old).

  6. #6
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I already colored my hair on my head, and I'm happy with it.

    My facial hair, on the orher hand, doesn't match, so thanks for the advice.

    Now the greatest challenge yet: finding a hair dye that doesn't have a woman on the box (makes me seem feminine or gay to the cashier) and isn't Just for Men (which makes me seem old).
    Oh I thought you were trying to tone your new hair back down to better match the facial hair

    And it doesn't make you look femme/gay to the cashier (not that there's anything wrong with that anyway- besides.. it's VEGAS.. c'mon), for all they know you're buying the damn products for a girlfriend/mother/sister/crazy woman waiting in a your car threatening you at gunpoint. (also, fuck what some cashier thinks of you, on principle)


    Coloring facial hair, btw, carries the same risks eyebrows do with regard to skin staining and potential for uneven color result.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    It also makes me feel gay/feminine/old.

    Oh, and by the way, how do I look?

  8. #8
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    You can try shading in your eyebrows with eyeshadow or eyeliner pencil (which you can order it online). I have naturally black hair but my eyebrows are a light gray. I will use a medium-dark brown matte color to make them stand out more but straight up black eyebrows can look harsh if overdone.

  9. #9
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    It also makes me feel gay/feminine/old.

    Oh, and by the way, how do I look?


    Pff, don't let a stupid picture on a box define how you feel about yourself, dork. I feel like a tool buying certain items because the packaging is all flowery and.. terrible.. but fuck it, it's the manufacturer's problem, not mine. Or yours.

    Black's not a bad color choice for you- and it's great you're happy with it, that's all that matters, since it's your head.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    I remember the first time I bought condoms at CVS. There was this guy in the same aisle. Young guy, maybe 25, older than me at the time, and he's holding a pregnancy test. I reach for a box of durex and we kinda look at each other and I'm not sure why I didn't just shut up and be nervous by myself, but I say: "So, I guess we're on different ends of the spectrum, huh?"

    He laughed.

    Cashier gave me a side-glance.

    It turned out good.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Similar Threads

  1. how do you dye your hair dark purple?
    By Lien in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 02:14 PM
  2. Natural hair dye
    By fidelia in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 01:05 AM
  3. Hair Dyeing and Damage
    By KDude in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 06:17 AM
  4. Allergies to washing detergent or the dye in jeans?
    By paperoceans in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ's and bushy eyebrows
    By Sling in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO