• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dyeing eyebrows...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very happy with changing my image, but the one thing I forgot was to dye my eyebrows. I hear that eyebrows are a different type of hair and some people say that they shouldn't be dyed. Is there any truth to this? Could I just use regular hair dye?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very happy with changing my image, but the one thing I forgot was to dye my eyebrows. I hear that eyebrows are a different type of hair and some people say that they shouldn't be dyed. Is there any truth to this? Could I just use regular hair dye?

Bad idea.

#1, if it gets in your eyes, it can fuck you up,
#2, it'll stain the skin around/underneath, and you'll just look like a retard who took a Sharpie to his face.
#3, a lot of people with naturally black hair on their heads will have different colored beards/slightly lighter brows. My dad had black hair/brown brows and when he grew a beard when he was out to sea, it was fucking.. red. <-- that degree of contrast is terrible, but overall, it's common for people to have uh, natural color variation. So I wouldn't sweat it if that was the reason you wanted to 'match.'
#4, there's also a chance the dye might only partially take to the brow hair.. then you'll have tiger-eyebrows.. which.. um..

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bad idea.

#1, if it gets in your eyes, it can fuck you up,
#2, it'll stain the skin around/underneath, and you'll just look like a retard who took a Sharpie to his face.
#3, a lot of people with naturally black hair on their heads will have different colored beards/slightly lighter brows. My dad had black hair/brown brows and when he grew a beard when he was out to sea, it was fucking.. red. <-- that degree of contrast is terrible, but overall, it's common for people to have uh, natural color variation. So I wouldn't sweat it if that was the reason you wanted to 'match.'
#4, there's also a chance the dye might only partially take to the brow hair.. then you'll have tiger-eyebrows.. which.. um..

What about using a different color hair dye over the existing dyed hair? My goatee's color doesn't quite match the hair color and I was hoping to change it to match my stylized jet black hair...but unfortunately, the black of my goatee looks a bit too natural.

And tiger eyebrows sound...cool.

And if I get black hair dye into my eyes, could my eyes get completely black...like a shark's eyes before they roll over white?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about using a different color hair dye over the existing dyed hair? My goatee's color doesn't quite match the hair color and I was hoping to change it to match my stylized jet black hair...but unfortunately, the black of my goatee looks a bit too natural.

So you want to change your hair color? Black's a bit of a bitch, but you can try washing it out a few times with Dawn dish soap, if you didn't dye it too long ago. That can fade the color a bit, quickly, if the dye job was recent/depending on the product.

There's also a product at CVS/Walgreens, etc, that you could try called Color Oops, which will strip out any recent dye you've put in. (recent being within the past 72hrs, if I remember correctly).

There's a brand of decent dye called Revlon Colorsilk at the same stores mentioned above. If you decide you wanna use that Color Oops stuff (I never tried it but it's got good reviews), to REMOVE the dye presently in there, you can color back over the result with this brand. They have a natural-looking black shade that's a bit less intense. The shade is called "Brown black, #20.

:drwho:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I already colored my hair on my head, and I'm happy with it.

My facial hair, on the orher hand, doesn't match, so thanks for the advice.

Now the greatest challenge yet: finding a hair dye that doesn't have a woman on the box (makes me seem feminine or gay to the cashier) and isn't Just for Men (which makes me seem old).

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I already colored my hair on my head, and I'm happy with it.

My facial hair, on the orher hand, doesn't match, so thanks for the advice.

Now the greatest challenge yet: finding a hair dye that doesn't have a woman on the box (makes me seem feminine or gay to the cashier) and isn't Just for Men (which makes me seem old).

Oh I thought you were trying to tone your new hair back down to better match the facial hair :doh:

And it doesn't make you look femme/gay to the cashier (not that there's anything wrong with that anyway- besides.. it's VEGAS.. c'mon), for all they know you're buying the damn products for a girlfriend/mother/sister/crazy woman waiting in a your car threatening you at gunpoint. (also, fuck what some cashier thinks of you, on principle)

Coloring facial hair, btw, carries the same risks eyebrows do with regard to skin staining and potential for uneven color result.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It also makes me feel gay/feminine/old.

Oh, and by the way, how do I look?

G

Glycerine

You can try shading in your eyebrows with eyeshadow or eyeliner pencil (which you can order it online). I have naturally black hair but my eyebrows are a light gray. I will use a medium-dark brown matte color to make them stand out more but straight up black eyebrows can look harsh if overdone.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It also makes me feel gay/feminine/old.

Oh, and by the way, how do I look?

Pff, don't let a stupid picture on a box define how you feel about yourself, dork. I feel like a tool buying certain items because the packaging is all flowery and.. terrible.. but fuck it, it's the manufacturer's problem, not mine. Or yours.

Black's not a bad color choice for you- and it's great you're happy with it, that's all that matters, since it's your head.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I remember the first time I bought condoms at CVS. There was this guy in the same aisle. Young guy, maybe 25, older than me at the time, and he's holding a pregnancy test. I reach for a box of durex and we kinda look at each other and I'm not sure why I didn't just shut up and be nervous by myself, but I say: "So, I guess we're on different ends of the spectrum, huh?"

He laughed.

Cashier gave me a side-glance.

It turned out good.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Instead....shave them off like the actor who played Wormtongue in the Lord of the Rings films.

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
there is special dye for eyebrows, and not hard to use,
although it is much cheaper and easier to just go to a salon and have them dyed there,it takes max 15 min
you`re welcome!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can try shading in your eyebrows with eyeshadow or eyeliner pencil (which you can order it online). I have naturally black hair but my eyebrows are a light gray. I will use a medium-dark brown matte color to make them stand out more but straight up black eyebrows can look harsh if overdone.

I do this, too. My natural eyebrow color is almost the same color as my skin (copper) and it looks really strange. I need to stop doing it, though. It was something my mother started when I was a child so I just kept the habit up.