User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sally's does have semi-permanent hair color. I recently switched to semi-permanent because of the fault line thing @kyuuei described. I've been coloring my hair for over ten years and it's not inconceivable that I'll get tired of messing with it and quit in the next year or two. I don't want a sharp line between colors when that happens, so I'm not using permanent color anymore.

The stuff at Sally's seems to work okay so far.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Any particular brand better than another?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I have considered semi permanent, but it seems all but impossible to find it on drug store shelves and mostly hair salons do not sell boxed dyes. Would somewhere like Sally's Beauty Supply have it? We don't have one in my town, but there is one I could check out a couple of hours away when I go into town next. I like the idea of it as it is gentle with less chemicals, and it doesn't require the same kind of commitment should you decide to grow it out. kyuuei, you have the most gorgeous kind of red hair colour. Why are you colouring it???
    The thing is, I never intended on really coloring it, just to make the color pop.. So I use henna, but I rinse it out long before you're suppose to with the intent on just barely making it more vibrant. My hair walks a fine line between red and brown--I'm not ginger-red, even though I would love to be, so in fake light it looks brown..Since I tend to be indoors more than outdoors when dealing with people, I got tired of being mistaken for brown (or blond for that matter when I am in the sun too long and it bleaches my hair).. It just bugs me to have people comment on the color at all when they get the color wrong, so I tried starting henna to just make the color already there sliightly more vibrant.. I've been playing with all-natural stuff with my hair lately, which is why henna seemed like an option.

I'm switching back to semi-permanent. Sally's has it, and it is so much easier to use, and it did condition my hair as well for way cheaper than henna.

Let us know how the coffee/paprika mixture turns out.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The thing is, I never intended on really coloring it, just to make the color pop.. So I use henna, but I rinse it out long before you're suppose to with the intent on just barely making it more vibrant. My hair walks a fine line between red and brown--I'm not ginger-red, even though I would love to be, so in fake light it looks brown..Since I tend to be indoors more than outdoors when dealing with people, I got tired of being mistaken for brown (or blond for that matter when I am in the sun too long and it bleaches my hair).. It just bugs me to have people comment on the color at all when they get the color wrong, so I tried starting henna to just make the color already there sliightly more vibrant.. I've been playing with all-natural stuff with my hair lately, which is why henna seemed like an option.

I'm switching back to semi-permanent. Sally's has it, and it is so much easier to use, and it did condition my hair as well for way cheaper than henna.

Let us know how the coffee/paprika mixture turns out.
    This is interesting. I think I'd like to try this. My hair is browning with age...something that seems to happen with some redheads. It was bright copper when I was a child/younger. It doesn't help that I don't get much sun on it in this climate (winter coat hair...ha). It's dark enough to be mistaken for brown if I'm not outside.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    This is interesting. I think I'd like to try this. My hair is browning with age...something that seems to happen with some redheads. It was bright copper when I was a child/younger. It doesn't help that I don't get much sun on it in this climate (winter coat hair...ha). It's dark enough to be mistaken for brown if I'm not outside.
    Yeah this is my problem. I've gone on more than one angry rant to myself in my blog, proving to everyone who doesn't read it how much of a red head I am. I liked semi-permanent and I think it would work well with solid shampoo (something I've been trying, and failing, to switch over to) as well so I'm definitely letting my hair grow out from the henna now, this trip sealed the deal for me on that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm brown-haired, but I colored it red for a long time and have pale, freckle-prone skin so people tend to think I'm a real red-head. I'm using brown for now but may go back to red because it looks better.

The stuff I get at Sally's is Clairol Beautiful Collection semi-permanent color. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's pretty runny.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Just did it again with ACV. My hair is still wet, so the final verdict isn't in, but there is a slight tint that is a rich red-brown. I think the grey hairs are a little less noticeable, but they aren't completely covered, even though I left the stuff on for an hour and a half. I put some paprika, oil and conditioner in the mix too. I used hazelnut flavoured coffee beans and my hair smells really nice. My hair is super soft.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm brown-haired, but I colored it red for a long time and have pale, freckle-prone skin so people tend to think I'm a real red-head. I'm using brown for now but may go back to red because it looks better.

The stuff I get at Sally's is Clairol Beautiful Collection semi-permanent color. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's pretty runny.

I'll check it out!