• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should being fat in the United States be illegal?

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
freedom-is-almost-perfected-just-a-few-more-cages.jpg

I'm afraid i do not understand what you mean by that picture,
Could you explain ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm afraid i do not understand what you mean by that picture,
Could you explain ?

It means you would trade in freedom for a government security blanket. You believe in freedom from doing that which may harm us. You believe the government is not feeding the American people correctly. You believe in being told what is proper to eat and then being forced to eat it. Your beliefs are the same as a prison warden's beliefs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It means you would trade in freedom for a government security blanket. You believe in freedom from doing that which may harm us. You believe the government is not feeding the American people correctly. You believe in being told what is proper to eat and then being forced to eat it. Your beliefs are the same as a prison warden's beliefs.

si senor, i agree with this. i wasn't saying to force people to eat a certain way i mean educate them and let them do what they will. it's called freedom of the digestive system, should be part of our bill of right's. yes i realize i'm the peanut gallery but damnit peanuts are full of protein so HAH

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
si senor, i agree with this. i wasn't saying to force people to eat a certain way i mean educate them and let them do what they will. it's called freedom of the digestive system, should be part of our bill of right's. yes i realize i'm the peanut gallery but damnit peanuts are full of protein so HAH

People have been educated to death. It doesn't work. And I saw a study in particular which showed that the lower the IQ the less likely people are to pay attention to warning labels and such.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People have been educated to death. It doesn't work. And I saw a study in particular which showed that the lower the IQ the less likely people are to pay attention to warning labels and such.

but some people do listen. look what people do is their fault no one elses. if they don't pay attention that's on them

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but some people do listen. look what people do is their fault no one elses. if they don't pay attention that's on them

If I had known sorbitol would be an issue, I wouldn't have put any sorbitol-laced products in my piehole. But there was no warning on the label about the effects of sorbitol, and last December I got really sick from it. Even then, I'm not about to Google every chemical on every label.

By the way, sorbitol is a naturally-occurring substance. Maybe that's why the govmint doesn't warn the public about sorbitol. But whoever thinks everything bad for you is man-made, think again.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
If I had known sorbitol would be an issue, I wouldn't have put any sorbitol-laced products in my piehole. But there was no warning on the label about the effects of sorbitol, and last December I got really sick from it. Even then, I'm not about to Google every chemical on every label.

By the way, sorbitol is a naturally-occurring substance. Maybe that's why the govmint doesn't warn the public about sorbitol. But whoever thinks everything bad for you is man-made, think again.
quit talking in circles the destination is mostly straight

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Suicide by sorbitol?

-first i agree with you
-than you indirectly say they should and people don't pay attention to warning labels.
-than you bitch about how there were no warning on food labels about sorbitol.

I don't get choo

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-first i agree with you
-than you indirectly say they should and people don't pay attention to warning labels.
-than you bitch about how there were no warning on food labels about sorbitol.

I don't get choo

If I can't bitch at choo, who can I bitch at?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

The thing is that freedom in this context is a bit meaningless, because the only freedom we have is the freedom to choose between shit that's already been chosen for us. So the idea is that the shit that's chosen for us in the first place should be better than what it currently is (and currently a lot of what we have to choose from is basically terrible for the body.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing is that freedom in this context is a bit meaningless, because the only freedom we have is the freedom to choose between shit that's already been chosen for us. So the idea is that the shit that's chosen for us in the first place should be better than what it currently is (and currently a lot of what we have to choose from is basically terrible for the body.)

I don't know what it's like where you're from, but there are plenty of choices here. Some people choose the cheap, easy and unhealthy. So what? Let em.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, rather than investing all that money in the implementation of such a law, why not make healthy food more affordable? I mean, come on? 3-5 dollars for vegetables and fruits on average?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, rather than investing all that money in the implementation of such a law, why not make healthy food more affordable? I mean, come on? 3-5 dollars for vegetables and fruits on average?

I knew I liked you, but didn't know why.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally I think you can't just focus on the food aspect. Unfortunately it's only part of the problem (major part granted). I think things like work/life balance, stress levels and how folks on a cultural level deal with that, also need attention.
I just quit a job, because I literally thought it was killing me (a trip to ED because I had chest pains at 35 was enough to convince me.) It was a little on the extreme side, and I had no time to cook meals from scratch. Let alone spend a couple of hours at the gym, or my favorite exercise, walk lovely long distances to far away landmarks.
I think if people had more time to eat, and play, I don't think we'd be having the same problems.