Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think the game is similar to rounders is here but rounders here has never been a game beyond kids on the street or in the neighbourhood and now not even that, cricket is nothing like and not half as entertaining, I'll admit that its also a game of the upper class and british, its even too classy and too british for a lot of the uber brits among the unionists and loyalists.

I just think of baseball as 100% American, I suppose that American football is the same but I watched it once or twice and it seemed slow and stop compared to rugby.
    American baseball is far superior to American football, which appears to me to be nothing more than a bunch of big dumb guys knocking each other down and running around.

Baseball is pretty simple and straight-forward, but I was an American child who was continually forced to play t-ball and softball in gym class, so of course I just kind of take it for granted.

It's the only team sport I can stand to watch for any length of time.

Corn dogs are also fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Play it, don't read about it.

You could watch people play to start.
    Yeah I really think this reading about it thing is quite odd, unless you've already watched people play it and played it yourself and want to get better at it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Baseball is slow on the eyes. There's a whole lot of strategy involved in baseball played by really talented teams and the delays or slow periods have a lot to do with teams controlling the pace, and asserting efforts to dominate the other team. And there's lots of ways they do this.

I used to think it was just a slow game. And then a design engineer in my office (INTJ), who considers baseball next to kin (especially the Red Sox-his grandfather was a groundskeeper at Fenway Park), shed some light on how the game is played and explained that it is deeply strategic, actually.
    Yes, exactly. And I love the close-up camera angles in MLB that let you see the players and coaches faces (emotions) as this is going on.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes, exactly. And I love the close-up camera angles in MLB that let you see the players and coaches faces (emotions) as this is going on.
    Haha thanks I didn't realize that..that's really quite interesting.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    American baseball is far superior to American football, which appears to me to be nothing more than a bunch of big dumb guys knocking each other down and running around.
    American football is the most intellectually rigorous and strategic sport for both players and coaches than any other sport I'm familiar with (that would exclude cricket and rugby.) I understand that to someone unfamiliar with the sport, big lumbering dudes are easy to classify as dumb and it's easy to think that there is no method to the madness, but every play is choreographed precisely. The players spend as much time in the classroom as on the practice field to prepare.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

And that's exactly why I don't like Football either - brute force and static strategies make it pretty much exactly like a war, and I'm an advocate for world peace!

I think it's better to be able to react spontaneously and transform in accordance with our current frames of action; soccer and basketball offer this dynamic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    American football is the most intellectually rigorous and strategic sport for both players and coaches than any other sport I'm familiar with (that would exclude cricket and rugby.) I understand that to someone unfamiliar with the sport, big lumbering dudes are easy to classify as dumb and it's easy to think that there is no method to the madness, but every play is choreographed precisely. The players spend as much time in the classroom as on the practice field to prepare.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

What is the difference between baseball and softball?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    What is the difference between baseball and softball?
    Bigger ball on a smaller field.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Baseball is popular for the same reason other sports are popular to watch: you can think of strategies, possibilities, and gauge probabilities. There's always a bit of favoritism in terms of who you want to win, and that's fine. It makes the game more exciting. But baseball changes just as much as any other sport - the changes are just nuanced.

So @RaptorWizard, do you enjoy Michael Bay movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Baseball is slow on the eyes. There's a whole lot of strategy involved in baseball played by really talented teams and the delays or slow periods have a lot to do with teams controlling the pace, and asserting efforts to dominate the other team. And there's lots of ways they do this.

I used to think it was just a slow game. And then a design engineer in my office (INTJ), who considers baseball next to kin (especially the Red Sox-his grandfather was a groundskeeper at Fenway Park), shed some light on how the game is played and explained that it is deeply strategic, actually.
    These are right on. It's all about strategy and pace; getting into the other teams heads. It's a great game.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~