User Tag List

12311 Last

Permabanned

Default Losing weight why is it so hard for so many people?

I believe people make losing weight harder than it actually is, I've been able to lose a lot of weight by eating right and doing a doing cardio routine maybe 2-3 times a week? It doesn't take a rocket science book to figure this out. Chances are if it tastes nasty and green and makes you fart, it's probably pretty damn good for you, gobble that shit up.

If you didn't experience a struggle eating right and sticking to an exercise routine, that's great and I'm glad for you. But that's not going to be everyone's experience. Some people can quit smoking cold turkey on their first try, too. But that doesn't mean everyone who can't just isn't trying.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

hmm I wonder if it's because different people have really different body physiology and metabolism and appetites.

Nahhh that's crazy talk, fat people must just be unaware of the benefits of dieting and exercise!

-end of thread-
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    hmm I wonder if it's because different people have really different body physiology and metabolism and appetites.

Nahhh that's crazy talk, fat people must just be unaware of the benefits of dieting and exercise!

The food out there is just bad and metabolism can also be trained but if you look at other parts of the world people aren't as fat as in western culture that says something about our environment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    lol, wtf did you smoke?

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I believe people make losing weight harder than it actually is, I've been able to lose a lot of weight by eating right and doing a doing cardio routine maybe 2-3 times a week? It doesn't take a rocket science book to figure this out. Chances are if it tastes nasty and green and makes you fart, it's probably pretty damn good for you, gobble that shit up.

I think it's largely because their priority is to make excuses instead of losing weight.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You're talking like that either because your starting weigth was not that large, or because you didn't lose that much weight (probably still hovering >12% body fat).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's a willpower thing for me. Now, I don't really NEED to lose weight, but like a lot of people I'd like to lose just a few pounds. I have really good streaks where I exercise nearly every day and stick to a pretty good diet... but after awhile one of two things happen: 1) Life gets in the way (holidays, travel, issues at home, etc) and I lose my momentum, or 2) I don't see any results, get discouraged, and lose motivation to keep it up.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Golly gee, perhaps its other issues that hinder a person's weight loss. A friend of mine eats healthier than just about anyone I know, and she still struggles. She has a pituitary tumor and has to seriously watch what she eats because of it. Even eating a lot of salads, completely gluten free, and a vegan lifestyle, she still struggles to lose weight. Oh and she does about 30-45 minutes of cardio/aerobics a day. It's not just that easy for some people.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, I don't know. It's not too hard to do...I've witnessed immediate family members lose significant amounts of weight (40+ lbs) and keep it off for years without much effort. Mostly they just had calorie restrictions (not too crazy, but they did restrict), did light cardio daily, and kept track with a HRM and food log. Of course, none of them had medical issues to interfere, so it goes without saying that this doesn't apply to people with such exceptions.

That said, I've seen a few folks who tried to go from sedentary/obese to super athlete in too short a time, and yeah, they appeared to be working hard, but they weren't seeing a lot of results. Mostly because of increased appetite from over-exercising for their fitness level and weight, and early burnout from the unnecessary intensity and time commitment required of that kind of regimen. There's no reason to do, say, the P90X when you're an obese man unless you've got a lot of willpower...and even then, at that point it would be more about testing your stubbornness than effectively losing weight, which can be done with much less effort.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness