User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 132

  1. #81
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Man, I disagree on that. In a way, soup is like a taste test of a whole culture. Every culture has a standout soup or two (or at least soup like meals). Gumbo, Pho, Miso, NE Clam Chowder, Goulash, etc..
    OMGZ I had the best freaking pho last weekend, it was like soup from heaven.

  2. #82
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, on the other hand I dont buy the whole new ad campaign from coke in the UK suggesting that its a great beverage provided everyone is an athelete, the message in Supersize Me was pretty clear, there's no reason to consume that sort of thing, its all a modern era innovation which chimes with or has succeeded in engineering cravings and needs, its not safe or a good idea in any sort of diet.
    That would never fly in the US. Everyone knows coke or any pop/soda is a huge contributor to obesity and every health issues related to it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  3. #83
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ummm..

    Hamburgers are better than soup.

    Obviously
    hmmm...I don't know about that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  4. #84
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I hate minestrone.

    I do love soup though. Mostly homemade borscht, or broccoli cheddar and french onion in restaurants.

    I consume a great deal of soup.

    I got 99 soups, and minestrone ain't one.
    Lol, it is great because a lot of soups use the mirepoix base (at least the more western soups,) which consist of celery, carrots, and onion. However, Minestrone actually includes celery, carrots, and onion into the recipe and not as a soup base itself (because the base of minestrone should be beans.) For me, when I've tried minestrone, it was..... ohhhhhhh sooooo goood. Simple ingredients, but also so healthy when you make it yourself without all that salt.

    I just remembered it solely because people think "healthy" foods are better with store bought ranch dressing (which made me think celery and carrots.)

  5. #85
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

    I just remembered it solely because people think "healthy" foods are better with store bought ranch dressing (which made me think celery and carrots.)
    And the store bought ranch is full of crap too. People....

    Anyway I made some corn chowder from corn I picked and froze in the summer last week. It was so good I could have finished the pot by myself. I wouldn't choose a burger over that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  6. #86
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    hahahaha

    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  7. #87
    Senior Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    hmm I wonder if it's because different people have really different body physiology and metabolism and appetites Nahhh that's crazy talk, fat people must just be unaware of the benefits of dieting and exercise!
    While those are relevant factors in specific instances, in most cases people it seems as if know what steps they'd need to take to become healthier but lack the will-power. The urge to succumb to the instant-gratification of something tasting good outweighs their ability to make good eating decisions.

    In theory, weightless is extremely simple: consume less overall, exercise more, avoid specific things whenever possible, but in actuality it's extremely hard to overcome those mental hurdles and to have the delayed-gratification.

  8. #88
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    While those are relevant factors in specific instances, in most cases people it seems as if know what steps they'd need to take to become healthier but lack the will-power. The urge to succumb to the instant-gratification of something tasting good outweighs their ability to make good eating decisions.

    In theory, weightless is extremely simple: consume less overall, exercise more, avoid specific things whenever possible, but in actuality it's extremely hard to overcome those mental hurdles and to have the delayed-gratification.
    You don't necessarily need to eat less. Just eat better. The kind of things people usually go for instant gratification with are usually things they need the least (sugar especially). And the obese don't move enough to burn all of that off. Straight to the ass.

  9. #89
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    And the store bought ranch is full of crap too. People....
    Mostly Salt and Fat.

    My family has like a few of them in a container. And...well... we haven't touch them in what feels like ages.

    Anyway I made some corn chowder from corn I picked and froze in the summer last week. It was so good I could have finished the pot by myself. I wouldn't choose a burger over that.
    The corn chowder definitely sounds better than a hamburger. I'm actually looking at recipes right now.

  10. #90
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    because many people dont know how to do it properly
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. Why is it ok for you to correct others?
    By Evolving Transparency in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 07:00 PM
  2. Who sets the standards? Why is it so? Should it be different?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
  3. [NT] Why is it so hard for Me to stop focusing on Myself?
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 06:06 AM
  4. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO