Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Man, I disagree on that. In a way, soup is like a taste test of a whole culture. Every culture has a standout soup or two (or at least soup like meals). Gumbo, Pho, Miso, NE Clam Chowder, Goulash, etc..
    OMGZ I had the best freaking pho last weekend, it was like soup from heaven.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, on the other hand I dont buy the whole new ad campaign from coke in the UK suggesting that its a great beverage provided everyone is an athelete, the message in Supersize Me was pretty clear, there's no reason to consume that sort of thing, its all a modern era innovation which chimes with or has succeeded in engineering cravings and needs, its not safe or a good idea in any sort of diet.
    That would never fly in the US. Everyone knows coke or any pop/soda is a huge contributor to obesity and every health issues related to it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ummm..

Hamburgers are better than soup.

Obviously
    hmmm...I don't know about that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I hate minestrone.

I do love soup though. Mostly homemade borscht, or broccoli cheddar and french onion in restaurants.

I consume a great deal of soup.

I got 99 soups, and minestrone ain't one.
    Lol, it is great because a lot of soups use the mirepoix base (at least the more western soups,) which consist of celery, carrots, and onion. However, Minestrone actually includes celery, carrots, and onion into the recipe and not as a soup base itself (because the base of minestrone should be beans.) For me, when I've tried minestrone, it was..... ohhhhhhh sooooo goood. Simple ingredients, but also so healthy when you make it yourself without all that salt.

I just remembered it solely because people think "healthy" foods are better with store bought ranch dressing (which made me think celery and carrots.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

I just remembered it solely because people think "healthy" foods are better with store bought ranch dressing (which made me think celery and carrots.)
    And the store bought ranch is full of crap too. People....

Anyway I made some corn chowder from corn I picked and froze in the summer last week. It was so good I could have finished the pot by myself. I wouldn't choose a burger over that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    hahahaha

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    hmm I wonder if it's because different people have really different body physiology and metabolism and appetites Nahhh that's crazy talk, fat people must just be unaware of the benefits of dieting and exercise!
    While those are relevant factors in specific instances, in most cases people it seems as if know what steps they'd need to take to become healthier but lack the will-power. The urge to succumb to the instant-gratification of something tasting good outweighs their ability to make good eating decisions.

In theory, weightless is extremely simple: consume less overall, exercise more, avoid specific things whenever possible, but in actuality it's extremely hard to overcome those mental hurdles and to have the delayed-gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    While those are relevant factors in specific instances, in most cases people it seems as if know what steps they'd need to take to become healthier but lack the will-power. The urge to succumb to the instant-gratification of something tasting good outweighs their ability to make good eating decisions.

In theory, weightless is extremely simple: consume less overall, exercise more, avoid specific things whenever possible, but in actuality it's extremely hard to overcome those mental hurdles and to have the delayed-gratification.
    You don't necessarily need to eat less. Just eat better. The kind of things people usually go for instant gratification with are usually things they need the least (sugar especially). And the obese don't move enough to burn all of that off. Straight to the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    And the store bought ranch is full of crap too. People....
    Mostly Salt and Fat.

My family has like a few of them in a container. And...well... we haven't touch them in what feels like ages.

Anyway I made some corn chowder from corn I picked and froze in the summer last week. It was so good I could have finished the pot by myself. I wouldn't choose a burger over that.
    The corn chowder definitely sounds better than a hamburger. I'm actually looking at recipes right now.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

because many people dont know how to do it properly
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read