User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    My mom also pointed out that when she was younger the size of an actual meal at McDonald's was the size of what a Happy Meal is now. It's crazy how our portion sizes have doubled and tripled over time. It always kills me when I read a review of a restaurant and someone complains that the portion size is too small.
    Really? Mcdonalds portions are small other than the fries I think. It's loaded with fat and salt though so it really doens't matter.portions only really come into play when you're eating something high in fat or sugar and carbs. Eating two plates of vegtables instead of one wont make you gain weight as much as eating 2 burgers. The question is more of what you are putting into your system instead of how much.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Really? Mcdonalds portions are small other than the fries I think. It's loaded with fat and salt though so it really doens't matter.portions only really come into play when you're eating something high in fat or sugar and carbs. Eating two plates of vegtables instead of one wont make you gain weight as much as eating 2 burgers. The question is more of what you are putting into your system instead of how much.
    The fries and the size of the burgers is what she was talking about. And that was a fairly obvious statement about vegetables vs burgers. Unless of course you load those veggies down with salts and butters like a lot of people do.

Permabanned

The fries and the size of the burgers is what she was talking about. And that was a fairly obvious statement about vegetables vs burgers. Unless of course you load those veggies down with salts and butters like a lot of people do.
    The size of the burgers are small are you serious? the meat is paper thin this is how mcdonalds makes their money. I'm trying to show the difference between healthy vs unhealthy it's an obvious statement that most people can't grasp since most of people get fixated on calorie count which isn't as important as what you are actually putting into your body.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

The size of the burgers are small are you serious? the meat is paper thin this is how mcdonalds makes their money. I'm trying to show the difference between healthy vs unhealthy it's an obvious statement that most people can't grasp since alot of people get fixated on calorie count which isn't as important as what you are actually putting into your body.
    Sigh... My mom is coming up on 60. Back in the day their burgers weren't stacked three high like they are now. There wasn't a Big Mac back then. Angus Burgers weren't around. The burgers in their Happy Meals are smaller than the burgers in their regular menu selection. Yes, I'm serious. I watch my stubborn ass husband get them when I'm busy and not fixing a meal. I still can't fathom why they have a combo meal that comes with two cheeseburgers. It drives me insane.

I'm not arguing with you on the second part considering I'm on a raw/organic foods diet the vast majority of the time. I follow Dr. Axe's site, radio show, etc and that's exactly what he's all about. Focusing more on the nutrient dense foods and less on how many calories, fat, carbs, etc something has. And guess what? I don't think it tastes terrible. I actually think it tastes better and sure as hell makes me feel better.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I think it depends on how much weight you're trying to lose. There have been studies that show that once you reach a certain weight some distance from your equilibrium weight, your body loses some of it's ability to prevent fat from accumulating. It's usually simple to maintain a healthy weight if you've never gained a significant amount.

Plus, if one is fat because of the food that they eat (which is not the case with every person) refined grains and sugars and chemically altered foods are addictive. So in that respect it's like asking someone why it's so hard to quit smoking if you've never touched a cigarette.

There's a book called Fit2Fat2Fit, in which a health-nut personal trainer gained 75 lbs in order to prove that it wasn't so hard to lose weight. He came out of the experience with a very different attitude.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sigh... My mom is coming up on 60. Back in the day their burgers weren't stacked three high like they are now. There wasn't a Big Mac back then. Angus Burgers weren't around. The burgers in their Happy Meals are smaller than the burgers in their regular menu selection. Yes, I'm serious. I watch my stubborn ass husband get them when I'm busy and not fixing a meal. I still can't fathom why they have a combo meal that comes with two cheeseburgers. It drives me insane.

I'm not arguing with you on the second part considering I'm on a raw/organic foods diet the vast majority of the time. I follow Dr. Axe's site, radio show, etc and that's exactly what he's all about. Focusing more on the nutrient dense foods and less on how many calories, fat, carbs, etc something has. And guess what? I don't think it tastes terrible. I actually think it tastes better and sure as hell makes me feel better.
    You are correct. Even around 1980 the average size for an adult meal was what would be considered a small or even child's size drink, a small fry and a regular hamburger or cheeseburger.

Big Macs are mostly bread, but I guess people accept double cheeseburgers as the norm now, with large fries and a huge drink

Huge drinks are often the problem, too, if it's just a big ol container of high fructose corn syrup flavored water.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I don't buy all this talk of burgers, portion size and gluttony, there were obesity epidemics well before people started eating Big Macs and supersized cokes.

The introduction/availability of grains and or cane sugar is all it takes to induce an obesity epidemic in some populations.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Permabanned

You get the same portions for what you paid back then, than you do now the difference is that the selection has changed allowing you to buy bigger or smaller portions.the selection now days is much greater which is meant to make people buy more food thus generate more buisness.

Banned

I believe people make losing weight harder than it actually is, I've been able to lose a lot of weight by eating right and doing a doing cardio routine maybe 2-3 times a week? It doesn't take a rocket science book to figure this out. Chances are if it tastes nasty and green and makes you fart, it's probably pretty damn good for you, gobble that shit up.
    It's comforting to know that we have a mind that encompasses all psychological and physiological factors that exist throughout the human race, on this forum.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    It's not that healthy foods taste bad, it's that they have no flavor until you dip them in ranch dressing or put them on a cheeseburger. Who the hell wants to eat food with no flavor?

That coupled with the fact that exercise is downright painful the first few weeks you start and remains uncomfortable after that discourages many people from following through on it.
    This in my mind is really the issue.

I've lost 8 pounds over the last couple months by eating well and exercising. It's not difficult. I miss pizza though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639