• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So how much weight do you think I need to lose?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't matter what the workout routine is as long as it's working. And it is working, I'm noticing a difference in myself. Now I have to work at it a little longer so that everyone else notices the difference, too.

There is, you don't want to be over-training yourself or not eating enough. You are more likely to pull a muscle with the first and there are serious health consequences with the second.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is, you don't want to be over-training yourself or not eating enough. You are more likely to pull a muscle with the first and there are serious health consequences with the second.

Oh don't worry, I don't overtrain myself. When I can no longer lift (or push) then I take a break. As far as dieting, I've increased my vegetable intake and eat more chicken instead of beef now (although I'm not that strict of a dieter, just more conscientious now), as well as whole grains. Never really had a problem resisting sweets though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Subway diet should do. A grilled chicken sub on whole wheat with extra spinach and lettuce, as well as avocado spread.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Already on the wrong track.

It worked for Jared Fogle. (And he got married because he lost all that weight.) And it's working for me, too. Plus, I doubt I need to lose nearly as much weight as he did. So stop being so anti-corporation.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It worked for Jared Fogle. And it's working for me, too. Stop being so anti-corporation.

A diet also worked for Oprah, except, when she stop staying on the diet, she gain it all back and a little extra as a gift.

I'd be rich to make people be dependent on my products just to lose weight. Maybe that is a reason why the industry for losing weight is so over-bloated. I'd be interested to see if you'd still be eating the Subway diet 10 years from now.

Prepare your own foods for a month or so, you'd understand what I mean.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A diet also worked for Oprah, except, when she stop staying on the diet, she gain it all back and a little extra as a gift.

I'd be rich to make people be dependent on my products just to lose weight. Maybe that is a reason why the industry for losing weight is so over-bloated. I'd be interested to see if you'd still be eating the Subway diet 10 years from now.

Yeah, but who cares? The point is just to look good. It's like trading one addiction for another.

And besides, if you stop working out and eating healthy, the same thing will happen.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've also noticed that when I workout more, my voice becomes deeper. Why is that?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could be from higher testosterone levels (that happens from intense exercise).

I read the opposite happens with intense exercise. Testosterone levels decrease.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, but who cares? The point is just to look good. It's like trading one addiction for another.

And besides, if you stop working out and eating healthy, the same thing will happen.

-________________-

What makes you think that the first person would be like the second person?

Diet is a restriction, eating healthy is not. You will see more gains in fat for the person dieting than you will see in the person willing to eating healthy and gradually.

You want to know why? Because the second person has knowledge of what to eat and is willing to eat "unhealthy" foods from time to time. The first person only knows how to lose weight by dieting (in this case, Subway.) If both were to eat less "healthy" the second person will only see a gradual increase in fat and body weight, the first is more likely to revert back to their original weight and fat, or in Oprah's case, more than she had before.

http://healthywaytogo.blogspot.com/2011/12/diet-vs-healthy-eating-plan-5-big.html

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/dieting-is-out-healthy-eating-is-in

http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm

Heck, you can make your own food that is twice as good, and twice as healthy compared to Subway. All you have to do is go into a supermarket and look for fresh food that looks appealing to you and find ways to turn them into meals. Fruits, vegetables, meats, ... anything.

Just give it a try before you start this "diet."

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read the opposite happens with intense exercise. Testosterone levels decrease.

Really? Do you know where you read that?

You bring up an interesting point because, if someone were to do extremely intense exercise...like for an hour and a-half...the prolonged excessive damage done actually can release the body's growth-blocking hormone 'cortisol', and growth can be inhibited or severely limited. It's why actually you never see very muscular runners. They workout and run for miles, but they're often very skinny with little muscle.

But you saw something saying test decreases?. Wow.

Exercise with moderation is a good method IMO but everybody does whatever makes sense to them.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Generally speaking, (prolonged) aerobic exercise will diminsh tesosterone production, whereas anaerobic exercise will have a positive impact. Mostly for the reasons indicated by Craic.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really? Do you know where you read that?

You bring up an interesting point because, if someone were to do extremely intense exercise...like for an hour and a-half...the prolonged excessive damage done actually can release the body's growth-blocking hormone 'cortisol', and growth can be inhibited or severely limited. It's why actually you never see very muscular runners. They workout and run for miles, but they're often very skinny with little muscle.

But you saw something saying test decreases?. Wow.

Exercise with moderation is a good method IMO but everybody does whatever makes sense to them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2675257?dopt=Abstract

http://ezinearticles.com/?Increasing-Testosterone-Through-Exercise&id=160594

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EDIT: like FDG said.

Endurance is usually long period exercises where you spend energy at the lower range (maybe 50%) for long periods of time. Intensity training is spending 80-100% of your energy for a short duration. Both of them are no easy feet though.

A marathon run that is doing a 10 mile run is mostly doing endurance training, a sprinter running the 100 meter dash is more likely to be doing intensity training.

Generally, aerobic exercises tend to be endurance based while anaerobic tend to be more intense. But you can incorporate both for better successes in all types of training.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I decided to revive this thread, as I have been consistently lifting weights for a little less than a month. I don't see a major difference yet, but I feel different, and when I'm not sore, I can lift heavier objects. My goal right now is to reach PürOCM™, so that I will look good. And to be honest, I don't think I've ever been this consistent with working out. I hope I can keep this up.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think losing about 50 kilos would be good

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, if you want to be a runner, then run. Who cares what it does to your testosterone?
If you want to be a power lifter, lift heavy weights. Who cares what it does to your testosterone?
Do something and don't worry about it. Keep the cart behind the horse...
It's just a hormone.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You don't look heavy to me; just work out and you'll be more toned.

Certain exercises create more tone, of course. I have a lot of muscle tone from doing yoga, a woman who is actually slimmer than me commented on it the other day, she was like "you actually have lines on the side of your stomach" (guess where stars get them? yoga and pilates) and I think it's also lifted my butt.

You can run or walk or bike regularly and not have a great deal of muscle tone, but you will look fitter.

Muscle tone tends to come from certain styles of exercise, and not just weight lifting; for example in yoga and pilates you lift your own body weight, and over time it dramatically changes your body, even if you haven't lost a ton of weight.

I try to get everyone to do yoga (and I swear I think you could use it, because you seem to be overly obsessed with appearance, thinking this is what the key to success in life is, while ignoring inner work, which yoga will prompt you to do) ...but if you just want muscle tone, you can google it really fast and I'm sure there are more "manly" ways to get more definition.

8 Reasons Yoga is Better Than the Gym