User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Could be from higher testosterone levels (that happens from intense exercise).
    I read the opposite happens with intense exercise. Testosterone levels decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Yeah, but who cares? The point is just to look good. It's like trading one addiction for another.

And besides, if you stop working out and eating healthy, the same thing will happen.
    -________________-

What makes you think that the first person would be like the second person?

Diet is a restriction, eating healthy is not. You will see more gains in fat for the person dieting than you will see in the person willing to eating healthy and gradually.

You want to know why? Because the second person has knowledge of what to eat and is willing to eat "unhealthy" foods from time to time. The first person only knows how to lose weight by dieting (in this case, Subway.) If both were to eat less "healthy" the second person will only see a gradual increase in fat and body weight, the first is more likely to revert back to their original weight and fat, or in Oprah's case, more than she had before.

http://healthywaytogo.blogspot.com/2...lan-5-big.html

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/d...y-eating-is-in

http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm

Heck, you can make your own food that is twice as good, and twice as healthy compared to Subway. All you have to do is go into a supermarket and look for fresh food that looks appealing to you and find ways to turn them into meals. Fruits, vegetables, meats, ... anything.

Just give it a try before you start this "diet."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I read the opposite happens with intense exercise. Testosterone levels decrease.
    Really? Do you know where you read that?

You bring up an interesting point because, if someone were to do extremely intense exercise...like for an hour and a-half...the prolonged excessive damage done actually can release the body's growth-blocking hormone 'cortisol', and growth can be inhibited or severely limited. It's why actually you never see very muscular runners. They workout and run for miles, but they're often very skinny with little muscle.

But you saw something saying test decreases?. Wow.

Exercise with moderation is a good method IMO but everybody does whatever makes sense to them.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Generally speaking, (prolonged) aerobic exercise will diminsh tesosterone production, whereas anaerobic exercise will have a positive impact. Mostly for the reasons indicated by Craic.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Really? Do you know where you read that?

You bring up an interesting point because, if someone were to do extremely intense exercise...like for an hour and a-half...the prolonged excessive damage done actually can release the body's growth-blocking hormone 'cortisol', and growth can be inhibited or severely limited. It's why actually you never see very muscular runners. They workout and run for miles, but they're often very skinny with little muscle.

But you saw something saying test decreases?. Wow.

Exercise with moderation is a good method IMO but everybody does whatever makes sense to them.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract

http://ezinearticles.com/?Increasing...cise&id=160594

EDIT: like FDG said.

Endurance is usually long period exercises where you spend energy at the lower range (maybe 50%) for long periods of time. Intensity training is spending 80-100% of your energy for a short duration. Both of them are no easy feet though.

A marathon run that is doing a 10 mile run is mostly doing endurance training, a sprinter running the 100 meter dash is more likely to be doing intensity training.

Generally, aerobic exercises tend to be endurance based while anaerobic tend to be more intense. But you can incorporate both for better successes in all types of training.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I decided to revive this thread, as I have been consistently lifting weights for a little less than a month. I don't see a major difference yet, but I feel different, and when I'm not sore, I can lift heavier objects. My goal right now is to reach PürOCM™, so that I will look good. And to be honest, I don't think I've ever been this consistent with working out. I hope I can keep this up.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think losing about 50 kilos would be good
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Well, if you want to be a runner, then run. Who cares what it does to your testosterone?
    If you want to be a power lifter, lift heavy weights. Who cares what it does to your testosterone?
    Do something and don't worry about it. Keep the cart behind the horse...
    It's just a hormone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You don't look heavy to me; just work out and you'll be more toned.

Certain exercises create more tone, of course. I have a lot of muscle tone from doing yoga, a woman who is actually slimmer than me commented on it the other day, she was like "you actually have lines on the side of your stomach" (guess where stars get them? yoga and pilates) and I think it's also lifted my butt.

You can run or walk or bike regularly and not have a great deal of muscle tone, but you will look fitter.

Muscle tone tends to come from certain styles of exercise, and not just weight lifting; for example in yoga and pilates you lift your own body weight, and over time it dramatically changes your body, even if you haven't lost a ton of weight.

I try to get everyone to do yoga (and I swear I think you could use it, because you seem to be overly obsessed with appearance, thinking this is what the key to success in life is, while ignoring inner work, which yoga will prompt you to do) ...but if you just want muscle tone, you can google it really fast and I'm sure there are more "manly" ways to get more definition.

8 Reasons Yoga is Better Than the Gym