User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Glycerine

None. You look to be in the normal range. No matter how you look, there is going to be rejection and shit.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

100 pounds

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

You look fairly alright. Maybe lose around 10 pounds and work out more but nothing to stress over.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I've stuck to the workout routine for about two weeks now (I feel so proud of myself), although I don't know if I'm doing pushups correctly (I do them with my legs together rather than apart) and I'm not about to have a personal trainer examine my body, because that's just weird.

Hopefully, I will soon have the body of a Greek god, and then women will find me irresistible.

How long does it take for muscle mass to actually be visible to the naked eye?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

You're doing great and keep building integrating your workout habits. Eat protein with simple carbs shortly after your workouts. As your fat decreases, your muscle will appear more prevalent. High reps gets you cut.

And pushups...doing wide-apart hands works outer chest, regular pushups works main pecs, hands together in the middle, inner-chest (doing those with feet apart). As far as feet apart or together, together will work more of your support muscle groups.

Keep pushing!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ

Lose 900 pounds.

That way you'll be the only person in the world who weighs less than zero and you'll suck the weight off other people around you to keep the universe from exploding.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm very happy with my progress. Eventually I'll be happy enough that I might even post videos of me dancing and taking my clothes off instead of merely doing it when the camera is off.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    What causes the confidence boost from body building?
    to quote Legally Blonde "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."

not saying that you have a husband or are planning on shooting him, but still, the point stands... exercise makes people HAPPY!

*works out in front of a mirror just to think "damn... I look GOOD doing that!" ... also, one entire wall of the front room IS a mirror...*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, I've stuck to the workout routine for about two weeks now (I feel so proud of myself), although I don't know if I'm doing pushups correctly (I do them with my legs together rather than apart) and I'm not about to have a personal trainer examine my body, because that's just weird.

Hopefully, I will soon have the body of a Greek god, and then women will find me irresistible.

How long does it take for muscle mass to actually be visible to the naked eye?
    Uber.. you'd be sorely disappointed if your only motivation to get fit is to get girls. Just sayin' what everybody has been saying. But still seeing how your commitment to getting girls and all....

Losing fat and gaining muscle takes a while (especially when it comes to losing fat and gaining muscle healthily.)

For fat purposes, a healthy amount to lose per week is about 2lbs.

As for muscles... it can take months if you are eating appropriately to allow you to gain muscles (still have enough carbs, protein, and "good" fats) to notice some results. But most of the easily notable results are in the case is being able to carry heavier weights... being able to run faster and longer without getting tired.... those sort of nuances.

Many people can take up to a year for a full transformation when it comes to really noticeable muscle mass and toning. Also, once you gain them, it becomes a commitment to keep them. If you stop doing them once you get fit, you will lose them. If you stop, you'd lose your muscle toning faster than your muscle mass.

This is why people crack up when a person's New Year's Resolution is to get fit, they neither have the motivation or the perseverance for those things except that it is their resolution. It is not strong enough for a commitment.

Also, what is your workout routine?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Uber.. you'd be sorely disappointed if your only motivation to get fit is to get girls. Just sayin' what everybody has been saying. But still seeing how your commitment to getting girls and all....

Losing fat and gaining muscle takes a while (especially when it comes to losing fat and gaining muscle healthily.)

For fat purposes, a healthy amount to lose per week is about 2lbs.

As for muscles... it can take months if you are eating appropriately to allow you to gain muscles (still have enough carbs, protein, and "good" fats) to notice some results. But most of the easily notable results are in the case is being able to carry heavier weights... being able to run faster and longer without getting tired.... those sort of nuances.

Many people can take up to a year for a full transformation when it comes to really noticeable muscle mass and toning. Also, once you gain them, it becomes a commitment to keep them. If you stop doing them once you get fit, you will lose them. If you stop, you'd lose your muscle toning faster than your muscle mass.

This is why people crack up when a person's New Year's Resolution is to get fit, they neither have the motivation or the perseverance for those things except that it is their resolution. It is not strong enough for a commitment.

Also, what is your workout routine?
    It doesn't matter what the workout routine is as long as it's working. And it is working, I'm noticing a difference in myself. Now I have to work at it a little longer so that everyone else notices the difference, too.