First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Not even a liposuction or similar cosmetic surgeries?
    No

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

First of all, let me just tell you, I don't know my weight, and I don't really want to find out because it'll discourage me from developing better habits, but based on the recent photos in the member picture thread, how much more weight do you think I need to lose to be attractive?
    You look ok to me. As for slimming, that depends on the amount of body fat you have.

If you want to lose fat and burn calories. Do intervals. Don't feel like quoting your other post, but yes, intervals "trick" your body. BUT, if you want to tone your muscles along with losing fat, do interval training with weight training.

In interval training, your heart pumps faster because it is not used to the faster speed but your heart also works a little bit more to get back to your normal heartbeat. So even hours after you stop your interval training, your body still expends quite a bit of calories. Because of this, lots of runners have lower (some of them VERY low) blood pressure. Interval training can involve anything you find "fun" to do, running, cycling, etc, as long as you can go your normal speed one moment and speed up considerably the next. It can be intense as long as you are willing to expend a "good" amount of energy when running the upper interval speed (say 60-90% speed for 30 seconds.) You can spend 30 every-other-day doing interval training and start seeing results in weeks

There are all these other extra benefits that interval training has on your body too, like lowing blood pressure and increasing your running speed.

Interesting enough, I was researching intervals for my own benefit and found that intervals lowered blood pressure faster while continuous runners increased HDL the best.

NYtimes Article.
    National Center for Biotechnology Information

MBTI
    ISTP

Virtually none, given that picture. You look good. The posture/pose makes it hard to tell though, but absolutely no sign of needing it.

The only exception would be if you have good muscle definition under the normal level of fat. If so, then you might as well cut the fat to highlight the awesomeness under it... but realistically, unless you are constantly working out, you are already in the top percentages of weight-looks scales. There would be only marginal gains in attractiveness in direct weight loss here.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

An hour at your therapist will make you 1000x more attractive than an hour at the gym. Seriously.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    An hour at your therapist will make you 1000x more attractive than an hour at the gym. Seriously.
    I don't think I'm really out of shape enough to need a physical therapist. I can still move. Maybe a personal trainer, but not a physical therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    a gut is not attractive from a woman's perspective...
    Speak for yourself! A little bit of a gut for squeezing can actually be quite nice.

I don't think I'm really out of shape enough to need a physical therapist. I can still move. Maybe a personal trainer, but not a physical therapist.
    I believe @Randomnity is talking about a therapist as in psychologist or counselor, that it might be a self-esteem or self-image issue rather than anything to do with your body.

Anyway strength and aerobic training are good for health for anybody, so if that's something you're interested in, go for it. But I wouldn't say you need to lose weight. Since there has been confusion in the past, I am not a dude.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Speak for yourself! A little bit of a gut for squeezing can actually be quite nice.
    If every woman was like you, my life would be a lot easier, as it's easier for me to have a gut than to not have one, and I have to work to keep it off. I think I you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

the only thing you need is to clean that mirror

Anew Leaf

*sigh*

Is it this time of year again?

Pretty much this, which will be ignored. But I shan't ignore you!!

Permabanned

Ouch...play nice.